diy solar

diy solar

What is the best choice for reflective surface paint under Bi-facial panel(s)?

looking into henry 587, i read that 887 is better for vehicle applications, however, it is three times more expensive
Yea the lower end henry / lanco is what I go with. The reflectivity of the higher tier ones is only a slight difference, but the durability is sometimes worth it since they have almost 3 times warranty kinda tells you they expect it to last very long

Yea the lower end henry / lanco is what I go with. The reflectivity of the higher tier ones is only a slight difference, but the durability is sometimes worth it since they have almost 3 times warranty kinda tells you they expect it to last very long
the slight reflectivity increase is only part of the story, the durability from wind, road debris, vibration, etc... is also a factor. the 887 is also rated higher in things like waterproofing, etc...i think it also says 887 only needs one coat, but 587 needs two coats. i have no experience with either but i think the extra bit is worth it for a vehicle application but if i was just painting a shed then 587 would be a better choice

the slight reflectivity increase is only part of the story, the durability from wind, road debris, vibration, etc... is also a factor. the 887 is also rated higher in things like waterproofing, etc...i think it also says 887 only needs one coat, but 587 needs two coats. i have no experience with either but i think the extra bit is worth it for a vehicle application but if i was just painting a shed then 587 would be a better choice
yep I'd go with the most expensive for vehicle, especially since you only need like 1x 5 gallon bucket vs 15 for a home

Back