diy solar

diy solar

Where are the B code EVE lifepo4 cells gone?

Enya

Most of EVE lifepo4 cell in market is with B code, but most of customers received the cell is with original QR code ?

So the question is, where are the B code EVE lifepo4 cells gone?

Attachments

• lifepo4 230ah.jpg
    lifepo4 230ah.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 21
  • lifepo4 280ah.jpg
    lifepo4 280ah.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 173ah lifepo4.jpg
    173ah lifepo4.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 20
  • lifepo4 230ah.jpg
    lifepo4 230ah.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 17
  • lifepo4 280ah.jpg
    lifepo4 280ah.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 173ah lifepo4.jpg
    173ah lifepo4.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 17
I think that many resellers are simply scratching out the B mark, putting thier own fake QR code on instead and selling them ad "A Grade".

From a business perspective, wouldn't it make more sense to leave everything in tact and original, and simply state the reason why they failed Automotive Grade?

I for one would love this info before buying, as most of these are perfect for a solar or off-grid setup.

We all just want to know what we're buying and paying for.

From a business perspective, wouldn't it make more sense to leave everything in tact and original, and simply state the reason why they failed Automotive Grade?

I for one would love this info before buying, as most of these are perfect for a solar or off-grid setup.

to unscrupilous sellers : no because that would mean they would have to lower their cell pricing

to unscrupilous sellers : no because that would mean they would have to lower their cell pricing

This.

Plus:

They don't know why.

Stuff from China. ALWAYS buyer beware unless there's a quality organization between you and China, i.e., a reseller or manufacturer that takes responsibility for what China produces.

Applying first world consumer standards to China is foolish. Even with a seemingly good reputation and relationship, suppliers will choose to try to sneak things through. I know a vehicle hybrid battery builder that purchased Chinese made NiMH subpacks for hybrid batteries. He would order 100+ batteries' worth at a time. In most cases, each bundling of subpacks was very consistent cell-wise, but there would be 2-5% of the shipment that were a complete and total mess. This was literally left-over unmatched junk that they would try to pass off as matched. Fortunately, he had the sense to individually test individual cells, or he never would have caught it.

Even with it happening every shipment and getting called out on it, and it not meeting the purchase agreement AND the penalties (they had to send 2X free packs when it happened), they would do it every time... because almost all the builders were just checking subpack voltages and not cells, and they got away with it the vast majority of the time.

Dang EVE is not messing around they straight up Extra Heavy Bold Font the B on these v3 280Ks

Attachments

• new-B.jpg
    new-B.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 43
As long as the price is right and they are brand new B grade cells, I'll take em.

I personally don't have a problem with grade B cells either. Grade B could be a small scuff on the terminal. The grades mean nothing to me.

So long as they pull capacity and are as advertised, then its good enough for me.

I personally don't have a problem with grade B cells either. Grade B could be a small scuff on the terminal. The grades mean nothing to me.

So long as they pull capacity and are as advertised, then its good enough for me.
i agree, but what i do care about is dishonesty...
a company relasering will put them on my forever "no-no" list

i agree, but what i do care about is dishonesty...
a company relasering will put them on my forever "no-no" list
Absolutely. The "As advertised" is most important. Changing information or promises during sale is a big "no-no".

The re-lasering is a bit of a gray area for me. I would be upset because it means they are trying to hide something, but at the same time, the QR codes mean so little to me, and holds very little weight because of the ease is it to generate your own with whatever info you want. I don't use them for anything other than an identifier of Rated Capacity. I have way too many cells on shelves at home, and trying to find out whats a 90ah cell, 100ah, 105, 150, 200, 206. Even then, not all QR codes have Rated capacity on them too.

At the end of the day, if they sold me a 100ah cell, and it pulls atleast 100ah, shows no signs of being used, isn't overly bulged, and has good internal resistance, then I'll be happy with whatever the QR code says.

Everything depends on the vendor.
I have Bulk Cells, B-Grade Cells & A-Grade cells - All EVE LF280 N and K series.
I just (yesterday) received another batch of Branded LF-280K B-Cells and my current tests show them to be exactly as tested by Luyuan.
I will Top Charge & Balance these and run capacity tests (I know what they tested as so I will compare) but I'm pretty confident they will be as expected.

Also the Photo posted by Alkaline is exactly how the Factory B Branded cells look.
FYI, the QR Code Scanner cannot scan the cells due to the B obliterating the pattern.

I have had very little issue with any of these packs but the original Bulk Cells do get finicky (deviate) more when the physical temp is below 15C. I would point out that I only Bulk/Absorb to 3.450 Volts per cell, float at 3.435Vpc and have my LowVoltDisconnect set to 2.700 with BMS shutoff @ 2.600Vpc. This profile allows me to use the properly Working Voltage Curve without stressing the cells and allowing a comfortable margin.

Back