diy solar

diy solar

Where/how I can get a 12V 100Ah/200Ah LiFePO4 battery in Mexico?

cmaurer

Help! I live in Queretaro/Mexico and cannot find ANYONE who will ship a LiFePO4 battery to Mexico.
Battleborn/SOK/Amperetime/Kilovault/raw LiFePO4 cells from China/mercadolibre.com.mx/amazon.com/amazon.com.mx.... NOBODY ships to Mexico.
Do you know where/how I can get a 12V 100Ah/200Ah LiFePO4 battery or cells in Mexico?

My wife is from Jalisco, Mexico and we've spent a bunch of time along the West coast, and it always perplexed me as to it was hard to find certain products there. One reason I remember is when the Mexican gov't would restrict certain imports, if there was a local manufacturer of the same products, they would do anything to discourage from importing same product (with high tariffs or flat out banning imports of certain products), which could hurt their own domestic production of of the same.

But I doubt that would be related to your issue of finding LiFePO4 there, because I don't know of a domestic manufacturer making the same thing there.

Have you checked with the vast variety of sellers on Alibaba or AliExpress to find somebody who could ship to your address? I know China has something like 93 giga factories making lithium batteries over there, it seems like there's got to be some seller who would be willing to ship to you...

Perhaps once you figure out how to get some, you could start a store in Mexico and sell them, you'd probably do very well I'd imagine...

Yes I have checked and talked to a lot, and they don't ship to Mexico or say it would be too expensive.
Also will not buy from someone I do not know or without good references...

Yes I have checked and talked to a lot, and they don't ship to Mexico or say it would be too expensive.
Also will not buy from someone I do not know or without good references...

Hey I also saw a forum member who made a thread here, saying is is in China right now for work purpose, and he said if anyone needs him to ship any batteries he could do it. I'll have to see if I could find his thread again. I wonder if he would be willing to ship to Mexico.

Have you checked if anyone in the US would ship to you? Like I know 2 sellers you could check.

I bought 32 LiFePO4 cells from this guy before (Colorado):

I never tried this place yet (Utah):

So I checked and the only working way is to order them to the US and then have a company transport them to Mexico.

Tess Electric is just using a standard service which lists every country. I tried to place an order for shipping to Mexico and it did not provide an option and price to actually place the order and ship.
Yep, thats what the OP noted as well. Thanks for confirming. I shared it initially because I saw Mexico listed; but sadly it’s been confirmed to not be a viable option at this point in time.

I finally ordered cells from currentconnected in the USA to a US address, and after some long and complicated proceedings they eventually ended up with me in Mexico.

When I needed packages delivered in Mexico I went through AXP Logistics. They have a US depot / address where your items are delivered, then they ship them across the border and to you. Worked great. I also found out DHL delivers all over, even in incredibly remote rural areas, so that's an option too.

Reactions: Mia
Back