diy solar

diy solar

Who is actually manufacturing this inverter?

That looks like a painted Solark.
According to the specs, it is a Sol-Ark 15K. A good idea for them is to increase volume and resel their units white labeled. A big company like Duracell might move a descent volume and provide a healthy revenue stream to Sol-Ark for reinvestment, keeping strong support and continual firmware updates, rather than rapid hardware expansion. Don't get me wrong I love new hardware, but I don't want the solar industry to become the TV industry where rather than improving the products that have been sold, they hold back software capable of providing a better experience on current hardware for new models to create demand rather than a great experience after the sale.

According to the specs, it is a Sol-Ark 15K. A good idea for them is to increase volume and resel their units white labeled. A big company like Duracell might move a descent volume and provide a healthy revenue stream to Sol-Ark for reinvestment, keeping strong support and continual firmware updates, rather than rapid hardware expansion. Don't get me wrong I love new hardware, but I don't want the solar industry to become the TV industry where rather than improving the products that have been sold, they hold back software capable of providing a better experience eon current hardware for new models to create demand rather than a quality experience after the sale.
Or yet another Deye, in which case sol-ark will start another court case just like they did before

According to the specs, it is a Sol-Ark 15K. A good idea for them is to increase volume and resel their units white labeled. A big company like Duracell might move a descent volume and provide a healthy revenue stream to Sol-Ark for reinvestment, keeping strong support and continual firmware updates, rather than rapid hardware expansion. Don't get me wrong I love new hardware, but I don't want the solar industry to become the TV industry where rather than improving the products that have been sold, they hold back software capable of providing a better experience on current hardware for new models to create demand rather than a great experience after the sale.

It’s much more likely to be a Deye inverter. I doubt it would pass from Deye through Solark then to Duracell. It potentially shows Deye’s agreement with Solark may be at an end. Hard to say.

When I saw the Duracell offering (I'm guessing 2 weeks ago?), I sent a question to them via their Web page asking them if the inverter was a re-badged Sol-Ark. I just got an e-mail reply today (hopefully not an indication of the speed of their customer service). It read "Thanks for reaching out. Yes, for right now this is a white labeled Sol Ark product sold in conjunction with our batteries as a kitted system. In the near future, we will be making our own products here in the USA. Please let me know how we can help you leverage the Duracell brand in your markets."

Unless Sol-Ark is taking less profit on the units sold to/through Duracell in order to capitalize on the brand name and get a bit better market share and recognition so that it might pass through to Sol-Ark direct (and/or direct to installer) sales...

Unless Sol-Ark is taking less profit on the units sold to/through Duracell in order to capitalize on the brand name and get a bit better market share and recognition so that it might pass through to Sol-Ark direct (and/or direct to installer) sales...
Even so, they wouldn't let Duracell sell it for less than they do.

Even so, they wouldn't let Duracell sell it for less than they do.
Yeah, but it could be just an incremental amount more, so if you want to pay a little extra for the "brand name" (and the packaged product Dura sells - see what I did there?), you can do that. If you want to pick your own battery, etc., you can go with the product from Sol-Ark. I guess we'll have to wait to see what the prices are. I sent an email back to the the Duracell guy asking for installers that will be offering their product in my area. If/when I get around to interviewing them, I'll try to remember to post something here.

Sorry to bump this old drama thread but only now I noticed this curious tiny bit from Current Connected youtube video teardown of Solark 5K. This is the main brain of the inverter:

solark 5k1p.jpg

I googled this chip and found http://advancechip.com/ what appears to be the chip's manufacturer. Try finding any kind of brochure or datasheet in English. I find it quite strange that supposedly American design and engineering team would pick a chip with zero info about it in English to design their "designed and engineered in America" product, especially for Texas based company with world famous Texas Instruments in their backyard.

Back