diy solar

diy solar

Whole home Solar tieing on to main 200 amp panel. Ideas?

Wv lew

I have a 6000ex that I am using on weekends etc, and I just go out and shut my main 200 amp breaker off in my main service panel and I have a 50 amp breaker I keep off but once the main 200 amp breaker is off, I turn it on to back feed the 240 vac onto the main panel.

If I end up going with the eg4 18k pv for my whole house, what is a good way to tie back into the main panel?

I don’t want to get permits and all that, I just need to k ow if anyone has done this and what works. I do like the idea of the all
On one sensing ac in and transferring over if the grid went down but it’s not necessary for me.

Ultimately I’d like to shut the 200 breaker to the grid off and pay monthly minimums to the power company and just be all solar.

Thoughts???

Last edited:
You can do the same thing that you are currently doing. Hopefully with a breaker interlock kit.

Thanks. I guess the 18k needs a 70 Amp breaker, just taking the 12k output of the 18k inverter (sounds weird I know) and dividing by 240 gives me 50, the. Multiplying by 1.25 as code permits. Gives 62.5 and rounding up to 70. I guess that’s as good a way as any. I definitely need an interlock for the 70 amp breaker but the breaker configuration and wire lengths at complicating that, but that is a definite for me if I get the eg4 18k.

Back