diy solar

diy solar

Why Solar?

jasonhc73

Cat herder, and dog toy tosser.
If you happen to be on the fence about going solar. Maybe this will be a little bit of a reason to sway you some. Last year it was $104.98.
Screenshot_20200401-190238.png
(This is the minimum connection fee to have the grid-connected)
Most Utilities are soon ending "buying your solar" and going to credit only system. In these cases, you only can reduce your bill, never earn money.
My utility credits me at wholesale, and even charges me an extreme fee if I use the grid during the demand time, 2-7 pm M-F. $4.00 per kWh in the winter and $9.00 per kWh during the summer! So from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm, I am entirely off-grid.

I even charge my Chevy Bolt EV on Saturdays with my Off-Grid panels.

With the Bolt EV and Solar, my monthly net change in the budget is + $190 to $230 per month. $120 less in gas, and $80 to $120 less in electricity per month. There will never be a "payback", there is just a better positive cash flow each month from month 1 and forever on.
Most financial planners peg $20,000 in capital is what it takes to make $100 a month passively.

Thank you for that information...I would love to go solar....would have to divorce my wife to do so...she wont move from our condo here in Carmel Valley Ca.... The condo HOA is too backward to consider solar. I see the bigger picture of how our row of 8 condos could do it easily but noooooo.....

Back