diy solar

diy solar

Will it work? Supplementing off grid inverter/battery with on grid PV inverter in one system.

I believe that we are saying the same thing.
Zappier77 has a post / video about how the 6000XP (HF topology? not sure) with a grid forming inverter (18kpv) on the output is able to tolerate transient surges from loads downstream of the 18kpv turning off (and maybe even absorbs the energy into the 6000XP charger).

And that inverter does not officially have AC coupling support.

(Sure this is a simpler problem than having GTIs connected, but it's part of the way there)

Zappier77 has a post / video about how the 6000XP (HF topology? not sure) with a grid forming inverter (18kpv) on the output is able to tolerate transient surges from loads downstream of the 18kpv turning off (and maybe even absorbs the energy into the 6000XP charger).

And that inverter does not officially have AC coupling support.

(Sure this is a simpler problem than having GTIs connected, but it's part of the way there)
Yes, I've seen that.
They are both made very similar. I assume that LUX didn't add everything for full AC coupling. But it still has the same tolerances in the board designs.
Just my guess.

It doesn't seem that complicated. You just have to have the right equipment (AC coupling capability) and match the numbers and the rest seems like just a matter of getting the settings right. There are a few $1500 inverters that advertise AC coupling. I think I'm going to try it. I ordered one

It doesn't seem that complicated. You just have to have the right equipment (AC coupling capability) and match the numbers and the rest seems like just a matter of getting the settings right. There are a few $1500 inverters that advertise AC coupling. I think I'm going to try it. I ordered one
Might work, sure.

What grid tie inverters are you using? IQ8s have a pretty bad track record on the forum.

What numbers are you matching?

It’s another bit of evidence for why I’m optimistic someone in the $1500 bracket will implement it within 6-12 months
There are a lot of people who want to switch to off grid. But don't want to rip out the existing grid-tied system.
There is definitely a market for it.

Back