diy solar

diy solar

Wiring SRNE inverter/charger to a distribution panel

It’s relatively simple.

If connected to grid, Ground/Green is derived from the grid panel, and internal N-G bond from the inverter must disconnect.

If not connected to grid, Ground/Green should disconnect from grid Ground/Green if N-G gets connected locally to an inverter AC out or subpanel fed by inverter AC out.

If inverter remains connected to grid, but is not drawing power from the grid yet Ground/Green is still connected to grid source and is obtaining the N-G bond by the grid panel/subpanel source, it should not bond N-G gets locally but rely on the grid source panel/subpanel for N-G bond.

In summary, wherever the N-G bond is derived nothing downstream of the N-G bond must connect N and G, and nothing else between grid source and the N-G bond should connect N and G.

In any grid connected system whether by transfer switch internally or immediately adjacent to the inverter; or some other means; it’s simpler and probably desirable to merely rely on the one household N-G bond to derive the bond unless there’s a transfer switch that can isolate and transfer that bond to a second ground rod without fail when the source of power is switched from grid source to inverter source.

I’m no electrician so I hope I wrote that well without any ambiguity or flaws.
The SRNE is not the Main panel. It is akin to a Meter Panel if operating as the only AC source. It is like a UPS when operating off inverter with AC in connected. Thus the next panel is either a subpanel or it becomes the Main panel depending on mode
Right on. And I don’t know that equipment so I don’t know if or what it switches or connects in operation. But obviously you know that equipment.

Back