diy solar

diy solar

Would Love Some Help

Celticwarrior

I want to instal 7 Newpowa 220W Monocrystalline 10BB Cell Solar Panels in series. The challenge I have is there can be NO roof penetrations. I can only mount the rackinging into the top of the South ledge and the side of the North ledge. Any ideas hoe I could do this with unistrut?

Attachments

• solarnewest.jpg
    solarnewest.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 9
Is that a flat roof/surface?
Yes, the white area is flat. But the plan was to mount it on the ledges. the North ledge is 4' off the ground and the South ledge is 2' off the ground.

Attachments

• ledge.jpg
    ledge.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 8
Yes, the white area is flat. But the plan was to mount it on the ledges. the North ledge is 4' off the ground and the South ledge is 2' off the ground.
That's going to be a challenge.

I'd recommend taking out one of the screws from that edge of the aluminium sheet cover and poking a bit through diagonally around the plastic insert inside. it's highly likely the edge covers are directly screwed into the concrete wall if the building structure was built using that material. If it's concrete, that should be a proper anchor point for at least one side of the panel holder. Just use the roof screws with a washer that has a rubber sealant.

Edit: This might give an idea of other options out there, just did a quick search on this and this one came up first. There are more similar options out there.

Last edited:
That's going to be a challenge.

I'd recommend taking out one of the screws from that edge of the aluminium sheet cover and poking a bit through diagonally around the plastic insert inside. it's highly likely the edge covers are directly screwed into the concrete wall if the building structure was built using that material. If it's concrete, that should be a proper anchor point for at least one side of the panel holder. Just use the roof screws with a washer that has a rubber sealant.
I am fairly certain it is not concreate since the building in a midrize wood frame. The red X's is where I wan to mount. I just am not sure hoe. i am new to all this.ledge.jpg

diy solar

diy solar
Back