diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

Sgt: I measured mine at about 10mm. still pretty shallow by any measurement.
Steve_S: beefy cells aren't they ! I know you'll like them. in case you're interested I got 5' of 1" copper bar stock (5 12" pieces) which I made in to some nice bus bars. It was better than beating on copper pipe. Not too bad of a price for solid copper.
link is at: https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Pieces-1...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

copper_bar.jpg

Sgt: I measured mine at about 10mm. still pretty shallow by any measurement.
Steve_S: beefy cells aren't they ! I know you'll like them. in case you're interested I got 5' of 1" copper bar stock (5 12" pieces) which I made in to some nice bus bars. It was better than beating on copper pipe. Not too bad of a price for solid copper.
link is at: https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Pieces-1-8-x-1-C110-COPPER-BAR-12-long-Solid-Flat-Mill-Bus-Bar-Stock-H02/362353715551?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

View attachment 8604
I've made my own busbars with 110 Copper Stock which I got from a fairly local supplier. I'm pondering options, not much effort to drilling them with the drill press.

I've made my own busbars with 110 Copper Stock which I got from a fairly local supplier. I'm pondering options, not much effort to drilling them with the drill press.
Would you just drill round holes? If not, how would you slot them on just a drill press?
Easy Peasy on a milling machine, but I don't have one of those.

My order was returned to the logistics company because flights from China to Belgium have been suspended. They proposed shipping via UPS which would cost an additional $50 ($189 iso $139). Amy also mentioned this new shipping method would incur customs fees. I hope only the typical 21% VAT will be charged and nothing more. Delivery is expected in 5-7 days.

Last edited:
here is the spec sheet I got with my cells; I can tell you the dimensions are spot on.

Attachments

• LF280(3 2V280Ah).pdf
    685.7 KB · Views: 84
My order was returned to the logistics company because flights from China to Belgium have been suspended. They proposed shipping via UPS which would cost an additional $50 ($189 iso $139). Amy also mentioned this new shipping method would incur customs fees. I hope only the typical 21% VAT will be charged and nothing more. Delivery is expected in 5-7 days.

That sucks, probably meaning Netherlands will not be any different. Does shipping by their own shipping options means there will be no custom fees charged?

Mine came via UPS Express, cudtomes duties etc were all in. Now I am in Canada, I believe that is the case for USA, Canada, UK, Most of EU. This should be verified at time of purchase. I know a few folks reported they had smallish fees due upon receipt but I think that was more for handling or "extra distance" charges.

Mine came via UPS Express, cudtomes duties etc were all in. Now I am in Canada, I believe that is the case for USA, Canada, UK, Most of EU. This should be verified at time of purchase. I know a few folks reported they had smallish fees due upon receipt but I think that was more for handling or "extra distance" charges.

That was exactly what i thought..

Getting to the point where i feel confident enough to build my own lifepo4 system for my boat as well. I started a new topic with a load of questions. Hope you guys can have a look at it and help me out? I know about building small 12V systems aboard, but a larger 24V system with lifepo batteries is new to me.

Last edited:
Getting to the point where i feel confident enough to build my own lipo system for my boat as well. I started a new topic with a load of questions. Hope you guys can have a look at it and help me out? I know about building small 12V systems aboard, but a larger 24V system with lifepo batteries is new to me.

You said lipo then lifepo. Those are 2 different chemistries. You have to be careful, words have meanings.

For some reason my brain is farting on the cell layout. Is this correct? Do i have the BMS leads connected to the right cell in the pair?
it looks backwards for some reason. What did I mess up?

I pulled the trigger on 16 of these 280Ah cells. Installing them in my motorhome to replace the coach batteries. It's going to be a 24v system. The cells set up for a single 24v "battery" that can be balanced with a single BMS. (Chargery BMS8T 600A) I like the display and no app for mounting in the coach next to my epever charge controller screen.

what will the actual capacity of these be? It's a lot but how much exactly set up like this at 24v? (have to admit I bought the most battery my compartment and wallet could handle not so much on Ah math....)

24v Battery Bank Layout1.jpg

Last edited:
I pulled the trigger on 16 of these 280Ah cells. Installing them in my motorhome to replace the coach batteries. It's going to be a 24v system with the cells set up in series then parallel for a single "battery" that can be balanced with a single BMS. (Chargery BMS8T 600A)

For some reason my brain is farting on the cell layout. Is this correct? Do i have the BMS leads connected to the right cell in the pair?
it looks backwards for some reason.

View attachment 8988
If you're using a single BMS, then what you want is 2P8S. Parallel the groups, first, then put the groups in series.
If I'm reading your chart right, that is what you have.

it looks backwards for some reason. What did I mess up?

I pulled the trigger on 16 of these 280Ah cells. Installing them in my motorhome to replace the coach batteries. It's going to be a 24v system. The cells set up for a single 24v "battery" that can be balanced with a single BMS. (Chargery BMS8T 600A) I like the display and no app for mounting in the coach next to my epever charge controller screen.

what will the actual capacity of these be? It's a lot but how much exactly set up like this at 24v? (have to admit I bought the most battery my compartment and wallet could handle not so much on Ah math....)

View attachment 8988
16x3.2x280 = 14,336wh

Which BMS layout is correct?
Are the Positives and Negatives correct or should they be transposed?

Blue = Bus Bars
Green = BMS leads
Yellow Box / Numbering = Cell Pair
Black = each 3.2v 260Ah cell

The cell numbering was backwards in the previous post.24v Battery Bank Layout 2.jpg

Which BMS layout is correct?
Are the Positives and Negatives correct or should they be transposed?

Blue = Bus Bars
Green = BMS leads
Yellow Box / Numbering = Cell Pair
Black = each 3.2v 260Ah cell

The cell numbering was backwards in the previous post.View attachment 8991
IIRC, you start with cell #1 negative, then cell #1 positive, cell #2 positive, and so on. Or is that cell #8, first negative & positive?. I can't remember which way they're numbered. Either way they're numbered, the first BMS wire goes to the negative out, then down the battery on each positive in line...

Back