diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

HEADS UP ALERT - MARCH 30-2020

I have been talking with Amy as she sent me an urgent message. The NEW BULK Order of 280AH cells has arrived at their warehouse on Saturday Evening,.
Our new batch of 280AH has arrived on Saturday night. On Monday, I will send messages one by one to the clients who told me they needed. Now the most troubling thing is the logistics. The ordinary Air Freight is basically suspended and the UPS does not include tax. It requires extra tax, which increases the unit price cost of the battery. Only shipping by sea is normal, and the price is the same as before.

@Steve_S
Bummer! Guess I was lucky with my ShunBin battery box. It's been working well aside from the capacity issue. Yep, you're right, the price is much better with Xuba. Also, I opted to go with your Samlex 4000W Inverter/ charger recommendation and used it for several weeks at home with the ShunBin battery box before setting them up at my recreational camp a couple hundred miles away. I bought the Xuba cells and another Samlex 4000W inverter/charger for here at home (planning for hurricane season). It's scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

I'm exploring the Dark Side, ha ha. I had issues yesterday with a new 100A BMS w/ bluetooth Will had recommended. Ended up using a Daly 200A BMS I had so I could do the initial capacity test. I have the Opto 22 Solid State Relay I wanna test with the Samlex relay switch once it arrives. I also received 2 really cheap 15A BMS's. I wanna see if I could really get away with using it to balance the 14 KW Xuma cells with the Samlex 4000W inverter.
---
~ snipped image ~
---
Guess I got lucky with no additional shipping fees (DDP):

From Amy at the time I placed my order (Fri 6 Mar):
1. Air Freight - $799 - Tax included, arrive at home, arrive in about 10 working days

2. Sea transportation - $551 - Tax included, arrive at the door, arrive in about 30 days

Sea is $248 cheaper, but I didn't want to wait a whole month plus any potential coronavirus delays on top of that.
---
Low voltage balancing differences. I've seen this with the 8 50Ah cells I have for tinkering. My understanding is the top 10% and bottom 10% tend to be less stable balancing-wise. Hence, why it's usually recommended to use the middle 80%.
Good to hear from ya Delta-V

ROFLMAO - I guess you REALLY crossed to the Dark Side, OBVIOUSLY you liked the Samlex ! Now YOU Know why I love mine, the new line should be released soon as well... 48V stackable and more... shhhh can't say more but some are gonna get a shocking awakening LOL.

I have some SSR's coming (240A & 500A) which are "fresh upgraded" designs by a known manufacturer to do some testing for the Chargery BMS'. I have another set of 300A & 600A SSR's which are in the design shop right now and I'll be testing those when I get them in a couple of weeks. These are being designed specifically for Solar System & BMS support with extra features specifically for energy storage/management. Features like Metal casing, built-in over temperature protection, a cooling fan with adjusting fan speed based upon the heat sink temperatures. The 12V relay controller can power them directly. These SSR's are designed to work on the negative side of battery, charger and inverter/load.

48V stackable and more... shhhh can't say more

Well now you have my full attention as I am in the market for a 48v inverter VS an all in one unit. I basically ruled out Samlex as I haven't seen any 48v stuff from them that fit the bill.

I need it by June at the latest so I hope I can hold out to see what comes down the pike.

Well now you have my full attention as I am in the market for a 48v inverter VS an all in one unit. I basically ruled out Samlex as I haven't seen any 48v stuff from them that fit the bill.

I need it by June at the latest so I hope I can hold out to see what comes down the pike.
Sorry, due to Non-Disclosure Agreements in place, I cannot enlighten much more. I can say the Testing is Hard & Heavy to the point of extreme abuse & all is well ! They will NOT release anything till it's virtually bullet proof. Summer ? "Maybe" They are being seriously persnickety about even the smallest details.

HEADS UP ALERT - MARCH 30-2020

I have been talking with Amy as she sent me an urgent message. The NEW BULK Order of 280AH cells has arrived at their warehouse on Saturday Evening,.

Yeah well somethings not adding up on this. I just got an email from UPS stating:
Save up to 40% every time you ship with EASY​
We’re all in this together. During challenging times, we want to make sure you get a helpful online rate.
  • Save Right Now: Just type EASY in the promo code field when shipping on ups.com and start saving.*
  • Save on All Services: You’ll get 15% off ground, 35% off air, and 40% off international shipments every time. Plus, we take 40% off the surcharge for residential deliveries.*
  • Save Time on ups.com: Our streamlined shipping experience on ups.com makes it simple to get your products out the door.

Yeah well somethings not adding up on this. I just got an email from UPS stating:
Save up to 40% every time you ship with EASY​
We’re all in this together. During challenging times, we want to make sure you get a helpful online rate.
  • Save Right Now: Just type EASY in the promo code field when shipping on ups.com and start saving.*
  • Save on All Services: You’ll get 15% off ground, 35% off air, and 40% off international shipments every time. Plus, we take 40% off the surcharge for residential deliveries.*
  • Save Time on ups.com: Our streamlined shipping experience on ups.com makes it simple to get your products out the door.
Yes I got the same notice in my email and I was quite surprised at the statement. When ALL the Evidence contracts such. PR Dept has NO CLUE what Sales is actually doing.

Yes I got the same notice in my email and I was quite surprised at the statement. When ALL the Evidence contracts such. PR Dept has NO CLUE what Sales is actually doing.
If you had a UPS account, could you use your account and send a pick up order for the shipment? I've been out of the game for years and never did international shipping orders. I know at one time I could arrange The pick up and shipping from my end.

Here is the discharge curve of my 280AH cell test last night at a 0.1C discharge rate. Kick Ass cells as advertised from Alibaba, Shenzhen Xuba Com Electronic Trading Co and Amy. Rated at 100.71% or 282 AH in test

Capture.PNG

Pardon my ignorance but what is the best way to get in touch with Amy?

Pardon my ignorance but what is the best way to get in touch with Amy?
Through the company store on Alibaba. It is the only way I think. Just search the company name on Alibaba and then send her a
message.

By contacting the supplier, it sends a message to her messenger. That will allow you to talk to her via the messenger service on Alibaba.

contact.JPG

4 Groups of 4 (16 pieces) total price of 280AH to America:
Product price + air freight = 4 * $330.68 + $799 = $2121.72 USD (Shipped to Florida)
$82.67 USD per cell before shipping (slightly cheaper to buy in groups of 4)
$132.61 USD per cell overall cost
Wow ... Good to hear no extra fees. I think, even with that higher $799 air freight cost ...I think that is an awesome price for a 24v 560 Ah / or one could choose 48 v 280 Ah which in my math head translates into 13440 Watt/Hrs in a LifePO4 set. ... You still have to test em, and dial in your build with a BMS. Compared to retail prices of LifePO4s I see in my greenish Northern California area; WOW That is a Great Deal!

Wow ... Good to hear no extra fees. I think, even with that higher $799 air freight cost ...I think that is an awesome price for a 24v 560 Ah / or one could choose 48 v 280 Ah which in my math head translates into 13440 Watt/Hrs in a LifePO4 set. ... You still have to test em, and dial in your build with a BMS. Compared to retail prices of LifePO4s I see in my greenish Northern California area; WOW That is a Great Deal!
That's $39 less per group of 4, than I paid to the West Coast. Mine was $238 for one box of 4 Cells..
I'm right back to where I was a few weeks ago, I should have bought 2 sets of 4, for 580AH of 12V batteries..
Yeah, hindsight is 20/20.... Monday Morning Quarterbacking it...

Hello folks. I attached the spec sheet for the subject 280Ah 3.2V cells. I haven't gone thru 21 pages of this thread, so forgive me if this has already been posted. Lots of excellent info on these cells in this spec sheet!

Attachments

• 3.2v 280AH LiFePO4 Cell Spec Sheet.pdf
    685.7 KB · Views: 282
Hello folks. I attached the spec sheet for the subject 280Ah 3.2V cells. I haven't gone thru 21 pages of this thread, so forgive me if this has already been posted. Lots of excellent info on these cells in this spec sheet!
Yes that is the one, not sure if I ever posted it.

CELL TESTING RELATED <--- because there is now so much of everything in this thread it's lost track of it's intent.
As previously mentioned in this thread, I ordered components to be able to do Cell Specific testing and it has been an "adventure".

The first piece was a 180W / 20A test unit. Arrived quickly and in good condition.
180W tester.jpg
LINK FOR ABOVE: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...59.html?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.3fb83e5foaWrVp

Then there was the Cell Charger
Grey 3V -15V 50A :
voltage meets range 3v-15v with anti-reverse protection
Arrived 2 WEEKS Late, after paying for expedited service, got lame excuses and Bull Phooey !
Arrived in good condition BUT they didn't even bother to include the 120VAC Power Cord !
Otherwise it appears OK, it IS a LiteOn powersupply which is good.
IC Cogogo ! NEVER EVER AGAIN ! Bought through their eBay store.

Voltgae-Current-Adjustable charger - 3-12V-50A.jpg
Link to the EBAY store: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/192923407126?ul_noapp=true
Link to AliEXpress IC Cogogo Store: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33019693095.html

I am still waiting on to more pieces before I start testing cells. I'm not that concerned about the cells so I am not sure if I will run through all 16 or not, depends on how long it takes I guess. My todo list is growing fast as the snow melts and I have got to get some tasks done before anything greens up.

@Steve_S How long did it take you to get that 180W tester? I ordered from a different provider and never did receive it.

diy solar

diy solar
Back