diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

That's great, thank you for spreading the word, I'm really glad to hear your cells are working as expected. If the prices remain this way, it really is a game changer for many people. I was ready to shell out well above $2k for 300-400Ah 12V battery. I wish I could put up more solar panels, I would buy another 8 cells for this price.

I put in an order for a smaller batch: 4x105AH for $137 + $139 shipping to Belgium via ”air freight” with expected 10 day delivery time.
It’ll be my first DIY battery. I plan to use it in a small leisure RV so I don‘t need much storage.

Amy mentioned she would include bus-bar on all orders from this forum, so let het know when ordering.

Also, I had no issues paying with my (european) credit card on alibaba.

I have had no issues credit card wise. My visa texted me an alert and I answered "Y" saying I had made the order and it went through immediately. I also did the upload of a photo of my CC and my DL for the very first order

INFO for Australians / New Zealander's

I was in chat with Amy @ my 3:30AM and mentioned how several folks from down under are dismayed by S&H costs, they are shocking IMO... She said that this is not within their control as the various couriers set their rates. Now she did say, that shipping by Sea is much cheaper but can take longer for obvious reasons. If you really need them fast then your stuck but if time is no problem, Sea may be an option. I imagine this applies to everything coming out of China but these batteries being so heavy, it just plain & simply SUX.
I ordered mine shipping by sea CIF, meaning you have to get your own broker for custom, pay the HST, and duty, Port charge, and broker charge, and pick them up or pay for shipping cost to your door. I paid 415 usd$ with the order, and all the extras will approximately 1200 cad$. Shipping to Montreal Canada. + I will pick them up at the warehouse. I'm in Ottawa South,

Last edited:
I spoke again with Amy this morning briefly. IF you mention your coming from THIS FORUM, they will toss in the busbars & bolt kit. I also suggested tat they should consider offering Cases (similar to what they show on their main page) so she is going to look into that as well, it would be a nice extra bonus offering if they had them as well (at a respectable price of course).

I found this thread a couple weeks after my CALB ca 180 batteries arrived. If only I waited a couple more weeks I could have saved a ton of money or got a much bigger bank. Oh well I’m happy with my batteries.

BE HAPPY, CALB will be supplying batteries for China's Tesla Gigafactory by the way

Reactions: Ian
BE HAPPY, CALB will be supplying batteries for China's Tesla Gigafactory by the way
CATL has the contract, not CALB. I eagle eye Tesla everything as I am Tesla Long.

Damm you, I am a Tesla S Owner...hate when I am wrong
Get ready for the news on Investor / Battery day which is coming up at the Buffalo Factory in April. I won't talk about the new facility in Nevada but there are surprises coming ! anyways... OFF TOPIC... but much goodness is coming so keep the eyes peeled and get ready for it...

Thank you for the link, I am going to order 16 of these this week. One thing I am trying to figure out with my planned 24 volt system; is there any advantage to using these as (4) 12 volt batteries then connecting to make the two 24 volt batteries or using (8) and making two 24 volt batteries? I assume making (4) 12 volts that I would need 4 BMS's so that seems to be a disadvantage right off the bat, but they would be lighter and easier to move if needed. Any input is greatly appreciated as this will be my first battery build.

I'm building my 24V as 8S square packs, with a chargery BMS8T for each.
Weight 5220g±200g for each cell. so approximately 41 kg / 92 Lbs (based on 5220g)
The pack measures out to roughly 12"d x 14"w x 8"h (to top of posts) per the docs.

Last edited:
Get ready for the news on Investor / Battery day which is coming up at the Buffalo Factory in April. I won't talk about the new facility in Nevada but there are surprises coming ! anyways... OFF TOPIC... but much goodness is coming so keep the eyes peeled and get ready for it...

Something like this??

I completely understand, TBH I'm kind of on the same boat, it still seems too good to be true to have a 24V / 280Ah battery for $1100 (especially with this chemistry) . So far I'm really satisfied with the process, but the ultimate test will be when the cells arrive and I put them to work.

Indeed.
Keep us posted and share the knowledge. Lets hope they get there soon.

I'm building my 24V as 8S square packs, with a chargery BMS8T for each.
Weight 5220g±200g for each cell. so approximately 41 kg / 92 Lbs (based on 5220g)
The pack measures out to roughly 12"d x 14"w x 8"h (to top of posts) per the docs.
That's exactly how I want to setup my 8 cells. How do you like your voltages set for charging? Are you going 90% or more?

From Post 3 on this Thread: more diagrams & schema's on post 3. Will be updated too...
24v-8s-square-pack-jpg.7910

I'm setting to the following:
BULK 28.8 (3.60 per cell)
* absorb 28.2 {0-15 min]
* float 28.2
* equalize OFF
* = not needed

Voltage cutoffs : LOW = 22.0V (2.75 per cell), HIGH = 29.2 (3.65 per cell)

From Post 3 on this Thread: more diagrams & schema's on post 3. Will be updated too...
24v-8s-square-pack-jpg.7910

I'm setting to the following:
BULK 28.8 (3.60 per cell)
* absorb 28.2 {0-15 min]
* float 28.2
* equalize OFF
* = not needed

Voltage cutoffs : LOW = 22.0V (2.75 per cell), HIGH = 29.2 (3.65 per cell)

I notice that the absorb and float are the same voltage.
Also that the absorb voltage is lower than the bulk.
Does that mean that there is effectively no absorb phase but a high float instead?

Back