diy solar

diy solar

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

I look at this as a new project with challenges. I have learned so much just by reading the forums and now I am actually applying what I have learned. And as we have both found out the learning process is continuous. I also enjoy passing on what I have learned. All of this gives me something to do to pass the time.

I am all for parallel top balancing. There are different ways of doing it but I feel it should be done with these bigger cells. If they were matched when they left the factory then it would be a different story. But I feel once it's done, it's done and it's time to put the cells in series and run them through a few cycles for testing. Not just to test capacity, but testing all connections are good and so on.

Most people stay between the knees and if a cell drifts outside of the knees that cell can be corrected without taking the pack apart by using a resistor or charging independently to better match the other cells. If the cells gets to far out of hand then one can add active balancing. For what I paid for the cells, if I get around 95% capacity from the pack I will be happy.
I enjoy the challenge too. I think batteries are going to be a huge part of our future so I doubt I will ever feel I wasted my time.

Can someone direct me to the link for the EVE QR code/part number decoder? All 16 of mine are identical (not necessarily numbers, but size, shape, QR code etc).
IMG_20201104_213255915.jpg

If you look at the attached spec sheet and scroll to the bottom I think you will find what you are looking for. Keep in mind this is all the information we have. No one has been able to decipher parts of the code.

Attachments

• EVE LF280N-72174  Specification.pdf
    682 KB · Views: 23
It took like forever, but finally my UPS tracking is working, and seems the cells are on its way...

Ordered end august, shipped by Xuba on aug 25th. (By rail). I was expecting them to arrive in 14-20 days in Poland. In Poland they should be cleared customs and continued using UPS (I've received an UPS tracking from Warsaw)

Unfortunately, it seems there was a huge delay at Polish customs (Assuming the shipping date from Xuba was correct, but I think it was). Today I saw my UPS tracking working, ETA will be nov 11th... so that would be 78 days to reach the Netherlands.

If you look at the attached spec sheet and scroll to the bottom I think you will find what you are looking for. Keep in mind this is all the information we have. No one has been able to decipher parts of the code.
Thanks, I didn't remember it was on the spec sheet. I appreciate the pointer since my memory is failing!

Heads Up to ALL MEMBERS.

Amy Wan is no longer with Xuba / Luyuan effective November 6, 2020.
Any outstanding communications will have to be restarted with their New Representative.

It is possible that the same account may be used or transferred to the new Representative.

Heads Up to ALL MEMBERS.

Any outstanding communications will have to be restarted with their New Representative.

It is possible that the same account may be used or transferred to the new Representative.

Amy's replacement seems some what less friendly ?‍♂️
Screenshot_20201107-215036_Alibabacom.jpg

She no longer has access to the Accounts for XUBA / LUYUAN messenger / chats etc.
IF you are communicating with someone using the Amy Wan account, it is NOT AMY !

She no longer has access to the Accounts for XUBA / LUYUAN messenger / chats etc.
IF you are communicating with someone using the Amy Wan account, it is NOT AMY !
Amy is still replying from the Luyuan account and says

"I lost Xu ba. The only lucky thing is that I kept Lu Yuan"

That is bad news. She was their USP from the point of view of inspiring confidence. Folks are vary of dealing with chinese companies and her reputation went a long way. Disappointed. :cry:

I understand that having these cells at full capacity for too long is not recommended, but how long is too long. After top balancing 8x 280AH in parallel, the resting voltages are in the range 3.55v - 3.57v. I wasn't planning on doing my capacity test till next weekend. Is that too long for these cells to sit at 'full' unconnected to anything or are we talking weeks to have an impact? Anyone venture a guess?

I understand that having these cells at full capacity for too long is not recommended, but how long is too long. After top balancing 8x 280AH in parallel, the resting voltages are in the range 3.55v - 3.57v. I wasn't planning on doing my capacity test till next weekend. Is that too long for these cells to sit at 'full' unconnected to anything or are we talking weeks to have an impact? Anyone venture a guess?
No worries for a week or two, the cells will settle a bit anyways when they sit a bit. It takes time & conditions (very cold or hot) to harm the cells. even if near 100% SOC.

Heads Up to ALL MEMBERS.

Ouch! I hope she left on her own accord and lands somewhere better. She performed great customer service for this community.

Heads Up to ALL MEMBERS.

Then I should be happy my final message to her went through:

Wan Amy2020-11-07 01:37

Thank you very much,John.
smile_0.png

Back