diy solar

diy solar

XUBA:: How long is it taking you guys to get your XUBA shipments??

I will be very interested in how that works out for you. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a similar setup, but I want to have the BMS in hand before the batteries show up so I can start testing immediately. I have a few small test orders in to AliExpress and it is very hit and miss as to how long a particular order takes to arrive. Best of luck with your deliveries. Did you get the bluetooth module with the BMS? It seems like that is a part that can be hard to get, but you really need it to manage the config.
Thanks for the info.
tt

I will be very interested in how that works out for you. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a similar setup, but I want to have the BMS in hand before the batteries show up so I can start testing immediately. I have a few small test orders in to AliExpress and it is very hit and miss as to how long a particular order takes to arrive. Best of luck with your deliveries. Did you get the bluetooth module with the BMS? It seems like that is a part that can be hard to get, but you really need it to manage the config.
Thanks for the info.
tt
Yes, I ordered the Bluetooth module along with the BMS.
I definitely am disappointed that the BMS is running so far behind.
My power supply is supposed to be here tomorrow, so I can start applying loads and checking capacity at the cell level this week. I plan to set up an Arduino with a SSR to cut off the load when the voltage drops to my lower test limit.

Yes, I ordered the Bluetooth module along with the BMS.
I definitely am disappointed that the BMS is running so far behind.
My power supply is supposed to be here tomorrow, so I can start applying loads and checking capacity at the cell level this week. I plan to set up an Arduino with a SSR to cut off the load when the voltage drops to my lower test limit.

I ordered 3 of the 120amp and BT module and it said it was on the airplane 5-23 and still nothing. I ordered it 4/30. I got my cells this past Friday and they came by sea. I go to the MN north woods tomorrow till the 27th. I hope they are here then. If not will have to open a dispute or call the card company.

Greg

I ordered 16ea 280ah units from Xuba (via Alibaba) on April 29th. Got payment straightened out and paid on 4/30. Just got notification from FedEx that they will be delivered (to home in California) on Thursday 6/18.

I just placed an order for the 280ah 4 pack of LiFePO4 cells from Xuba; Wan Amy was very helpful and the shipping looked lower than what is on the companies web page. Wan Amy mentioned that the shipping costs to US were coming down recently. So now the wait begins ...... good luck to all of us.

I just want to say Xuba stands behind there batteries. Amy is shipping me 2 - 3.2v 280ah cells. The cell voltage was jumping at the last minute. Gave Amy my data logs from my bms to prove what was happening. She has the data to support my claim.
Thanks Xuba

I ordered mine from Amy on 5-13-20 and FedEx will deliver them on 7-2-20. They did ship via ocean freight and there was a good freight savings. Can't wait to get them on the boat!

I have been checking Aliexpress looking to do my first battery build on my motorhome. Getting stuff from China is cheaper and I am not in a hurry. My question is do you guys prefer to receive from China due to costs or is the United States option better in case of defective battery? Again, wait time is not an issue just quality reassurance.

Just got my batteries from Xuba. Shipped by ocean freight to the Philippines. Very difficult during COVID. The Philippines is a mess to deal with right now. But everything is good. Amy is a real trooper. Check it out http://www.jfprinters.com/Batteries.html
Nice photos dswiggum, good luck with the assembly, let us know how your capacity testing goes. Leyte is a very famous battle ground of the war in the Pacific, my Dad went through the Philippines on his way to Kunming in China and spoke very highly of the brave Filipino people. All the best.
tomtilly

Just got my batteries from Xuba. Shipped by ocean freight to the Philippines. Very difficult during COVID. The Philippines is a mess to deal with right now. But everything is good. Amy is a real trooper. Check it out http://www.jfprinters.com/Batteries.html

Ditto; nice photos, thanks for sharing them. I also ordered from Amy and now awaiting delivery and great to see how well packed they are.

39 days from order to delivery in the Seattle area.

Excellent. I am also in WA and ordered from Xuba. When did you place your order?

Thanks. I ordered mine on 6/1 and still not showing up on Fedex. Luck of the draw...

How are you planning to capacity test? My 16 120Ah cells shipped on July 16 so I have a bit of a wait. I have a heat gun but no inverter to test with. My build is for a golf cart so I may just top balance and put them in the cart and capacity test that way knowing that the discharge rates will be all over the place. However not sure if the 48v cart will even run at 40v when the cells are depleted at 2.5volts.

How are you planning to capacity test?

Put them in 16s, draw them down to 3.1 or so volts while watching carefully.

Put them in 16p, stick them on my powerlab8 in discharge mode, discharge to 2.90V. Let them rest. Discharge again. Let them rest again.

Now they are bottom-balanced, but you could do the same thing except in reverse and top-balance. (And you probably should, especially if you are using a balancing BMS.)

Put them back in 16s, charge them up while counting energy in, and watch the voltages. If any go wild too early, I have a weak cell that might need replacement. Otherwise, if they get to 100% of rated or better, call it a day.

It's easier to do some of those things with the help of an inverter/charge and a dedicated 3V battery tool (powerlab8). Also, I practiced in the past. :)

Order placed on 6/13, FedEx tracking # showed activity on 7/24 ("Picked up" in California), ETA is 7/31 (East Coast). Woo hoo!

Put them in 16s, draw them down to 3.1 or so volts while watching carefully.

Put them in 16p, stick them on my powerlab8 in discharge mode, discharge to 2.90V. Let them rest. Discharge again. Let them rest again.

Now they are bottom-balanced, but you could do the same thing except in reverse and top-balance. (And you probably should, especially if you are using a balancing BMS.)

Put them back in 16s, charge them up while counting energy in, and watch the voltages. If any go wild too early, I have a weak cell that might need replacement. Otherwise, if they get to 100% of rated or better, call it a day.

It's easier to do some of those things with the help of an inverter/charge and a dedicated 3V battery tool (powerlab8). Also, I practiced in the past. :)

Yep, sounds like you have way more experience than me :) - this is my first pack - I think I'll just buy the $250 48v AIMS inverter to test with and then sell it on Craigslist once I'm done -I've posted at link below what my plan is for capacity testing:

Back