diy solar

diy solar

XUBA:: How long is it taking you guys to get your XUBA shipments??

anyone finding 150ah in stock?
I looked a while ago and for some market reason the 280s seem to be the commodity leader then. I would have preferred 64 150 Ah batteries to the 32 280s that I purchased, but I didn't find any from sellers with inventory and a track record on this forum. Subsequent to my order, I think I recall, @fhorst found some.

Mine went live a couple days ago, due to arrive 6/9 - 6/11, hard to tell because I now have four different tracking numbers. Amy said it shipped as 4 boxes, 2 cells per box. I ordered 4/16, they shipped 4/18, arrived in US and container opened for inspection around 5/22, Fedex tracking number went live 6/5. Looks like it will be close to 60 days total from order placed to my front door.

Mine went live a couple days ago, due to arrive 6/9 - 6/11, hard to tell because I now have four different tracking numbers. Amy said it shipped as 4 boxes, 2 cells per box. I ordered 4/16, they shipped 4/18, arrived in US and container opened for inspection around 5/22, Fedex tracking number went live 6/5. Looks like it will be close to 60 days total from order placed to my front door.
Received two 6/9, two 6/10, four 6/11. All look great, have capacity tested first four at 280.1 - 283.0 Ah. Had hoped for a little extra margin but can't complain about exactly meeting spec!

There were nearly full, didn't take long to top balance. Balance during the capacity test discharge was very good, all four cells stayed within +/- 2mV down to at least 20%. At 275Ah drained (2-3% SOC), the cells were still in a range of 2.984 - 3.054, lowest to highest correlating with the cell capacity, total pack voltage 12.13V. Pretty good I think. I could implement a LVD at a nice safe 3.0V lowest cell voltage and only leave 3% SOC unused. And I think I'll just leave balancing off on my BMS for a while and see how it does without it. Now to finish testing the other four...

Very happy with the purchase!!

Batteries arrived today! Ordered April 20, shipped April 28. 52 days in transit.
In good condition. One cell had the label stick to some foam and peeled up.
Terminals are clean and unused. Looks like they have been used once to test.
2 extra brass bolts and 1 extra copper bus bar. Bus bars are pretty low quality. All are different lengths and thin enough, I will need to add some washers or cut the bolts.
They are very well matched. After 52 days, voltages as follows:
1 - 3.2970
2 - 3.2992
3 - 3.2997
4 - 3.2995
Can't start testing until I receive a couple more deliveries. Hoping for next week.

Attachments

• 20200612_164156.jpg
    20200612_164156.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200612_164234.jpg
    20200612_164234.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200612_172741.jpg
    20200612_172741.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 42
Bus bars are pretty low quality. All are different lengths and thin enough, I will need to add some washers or cut the bolts.

You got that right, according to my calculations they are only good for 45 amps.

Greg

Batteries arrived today! Ordered April 20, shipped April 28. 52 days in transit.
2 extra brass bolts and 1 extra copper bus bar. Bus bars are pretty low quality. All are different lengths and thin enough, I will need to add some washers or cut the bolts.
1 - 3.2970
2 - 3.2992
3 - 3.2997
4 - 3.2995
Can't start testing until I receive a couple more deliveries. Hoping for next week.
Thanks for the update; looking forward to your experience .... sort of weird that the bolt won't seat all the way.

1 - 3.2970
2 - 3.2992
3 - 3.2997
4 - 3.2995
Which BMS are you using?

I will be very interested in how that works out for you. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a similar setup, but I want to have the BMS in hand before the batteries show up so I can start testing immediately. I have a few small test orders in to AliExpress and it is very hit and miss as to how long a particular order takes to arrive. Best of luck with your deliveries. Did you get the bluetooth module with the BMS? It seems like that is a part that can be hard to get, but you really need it to manage the config.
Thanks for the info.
tt

I will be very interested in how that works out for you. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a similar setup, but I want to have the BMS in hand before the batteries show up so I can start testing immediately. I have a few small test orders in to AliExpress and it is very hit and miss as to how long a particular order takes to arrive. Best of luck with your deliveries. Did you get the bluetooth module with the BMS? It seems like that is a part that can be hard to get, but you really need it to manage the config.
Thanks for the info.
tt
Yes, I ordered the Bluetooth module along with the BMS.
I definitely am disappointed that the BMS is running so far behind.
My power supply is supposed to be here tomorrow, so I can start applying loads and checking capacity at the cell level this week. I plan to set up an Arduino with a SSR to cut off the load when the voltage drops to my lower test limit.

Yes, I ordered the Bluetooth module along with the BMS.
I definitely am disappointed that the BMS is running so far behind.
My power supply is supposed to be here tomorrow, so I can start applying loads and checking capacity at the cell level this week. I plan to set up an Arduino with a SSR to cut off the load when the voltage drops to my lower test limit.

I ordered 3 of the 120amp and BT module and it said it was on the airplane 5-23 and still nothing. I ordered it 4/30. I got my cells this past Friday and they came by sea. I go to the MN north woods tomorrow till the 27th. I hope they are here then. If not will have to open a dispute or call the card company.

Greg

I ordered 16ea 280ah units from Xuba (via Alibaba) on April 29th. Got payment straightened out and paid on 4/30. Just got notification from FedEx that they will be delivered (to home in California) on Thursday 6/18.

I just placed an order for the 280ah 4 pack of LiFePO4 cells from Xuba; Wan Amy was very helpful and the shipping looked lower than what is on the companies web page. Wan Amy mentioned that the shipping costs to US were coming down recently. So now the wait begins ...... good luck to all of us.

I just want to say Xuba stands behind there batteries. Amy is shipping me 2 - 3.2v 280ah cells. The cell voltage was jumping at the last minute. Gave Amy my data logs from my bms to prove what was happening. She has the data to support my claim.
Thanks Xuba

I ordered mine from Amy on 5-13-20 and FedEx will deliver them on 7-2-20. They did ship via ocean freight and there was a good freight savings. Can't wait to get them on the boat!

I have been checking Aliexpress looking to do my first battery build on my motorhome. Getting stuff from China is cheaper and I am not in a hurry. My question is do you guys prefer to receive from China due to costs or is the United States option better in case of defective battery? Again, wait time is not an issue just quality reassurance.

Just got my batteries from Xuba. Shipped by ocean freight to the Philippines. Very difficult during COVID. The Philippines is a mess to deal with right now. But everything is good. Amy is a real trooper. Check it out http://www.jfprinters.com/Batteries.html
Nice photos dswiggum, good luck with the assembly, let us know how your capacity testing goes. Leyte is a very famous battle ground of the war in the Pacific, my Dad went through the Philippines on his way to Kunming in China and spoke very highly of the brave Filipino people. All the best.
tomtilly

Just got my batteries from Xuba. Shipped by ocean freight to the Philippines. Very difficult during COVID. The Philippines is a mess to deal with right now. But everything is good. Amy is a real trooper. Check it out http://www.jfprinters.com/Batteries.html

Ditto; nice photos, thanks for sharing them. I also ordered from Amy and now awaiting delivery and great to see how well packed they are.

39 days from order to delivery in the Seattle area.

Excellent. I am also in WA and ordered from Xuba. When did you place your order?

diy solar

diy solar
Back