diy solar

diy solar

14kw solar pv, storing excess in a large heat store

Pretty cool! A winter wonderland no doubt. A one horse open sleigh I guess! I admit I can't use my sled as much as you probably can but I can relate on a lower level and at a lower lattitude. Either way it looks like fun so there's some advantages being that far north.

Yeah, it’s back home also, I moved 1500 miles south and only visit a few times per year. Can’t even drive a snowmobile in the Stockholm region where I am now (that often at least).

It’s easy to say that I am missing it since I moved, but I do, love the cold climate and looooong winters. The body needs to experience a little hardship to appreciate how good we are living. :)

I'd have to agree with you there. Best to make life a bit harder then to rest on conveniences. Thats why I like firewood and cutting/splitting/stacking as it gives me another fuel source and a lot of exercise and cuts my heating costs. With that said I like the modern conveniences of the grid, a 1000 gal propane tank, and a large solar power plant that I own, manage and that I DIY'd myself but I keep all of them for diversity in the event I have a failure of one or if the price of one gets too high.

Same here, would love the Stone Age with access to HBO Max and being able to watch NHL hockey. :)

Back