diy solar

diy solar

18650 Battery Store Legit? Will not answer the phone.

I’m completing shooting from the hip here but it would seem the discharge rate required of EV batteries is significantly higher. Which would lead me to believe their thresholds for acceptable are basically “perfect” and anything else gets rejected
I wonder what the criteria is?

In my experience, 18650 has been hit and miss. With the first order of 32 304ah Eve cells, they were responsive to emails and quickly replaced an outlier. With the second order of 32 cells, which had several runners and a dented cell, they never answered a single email.

Looking at the price on their 304ah now and wondering if they will go any lower or maybe buy a few more now.

I ordered some Eve 304 cells from 18650. They took my money and I got the cells quickly and they arrived in good condition. I have requested the excel reports for these cells three times and they have never responded in any way even though they advertise that these reports are available. Makes me question whether they are really Grade A if they aren't willing to send the reports...

Who cares. Where else are you going to get cells that cheap and reliably.
They're the ones advertising they can provide the reports.
And to answer your question, if you don't care about the reports there are a few stores around that have good cell prices and otherwise good cells with no reports.

And to answer your question, if you don't care about the reports there are a few stores around that have good cell prices and otherwise good cells with no reports.

Why not test them yourself.

What are you looking for in the report and what if the report showed an unsatisfactory cell, wouldn't they notice that and just not sell the cell or if they are shady, just change the report?

Have you ever not purchased a cell based on a bad report?

This makes sense to me.
I’ve purchased from 18650, have no qualms with them, would readily send them my money again.

But it’s fair to state they have poor response in general, and the onus really is on them to follow thru with their word

I've had a $1700 cart sitting there for two weeks trying to contact them to understand what the sales tax of $14 is for. Probably some kind of export tax. Just frustrating not to actually talk to a real person.

Might show how well the cells are being matched as 18650 mentions, they do some sort of matching. Hope the prices keep falling. I'll add another 120kwh to the bank. ?
I want the reports so I can better sort the cells for my (2) 8s packs. If I ever want to sell these, having the reports would increase the value. I find it very disappointing they aren't following up on what they advertise - it makes you wonder what they would do if there was damaged cells or other issues....

Well this is not good I have been recommending 18650 to a lot of people.
Well look to ezeal / batteryhook up / sfunfunkits / luyuan then...

I personally don't believe they're selling True EV rated cells and the datasheets are just the pencil-whipped

Thats a pretty big accusation, Meteor Ye & Doris Liu who both work at EVE verified 18650 are selling legitimate cells and confirmed there test reports are valid. As far as what is EV rated, that would be the 304 cell the 280K is not an ev rated cell only ESS rated.

Here I found the UL 2580 listing for the 304: https://www.sunfunkits.com/MediaStorage/Product/Documents/Document/127_20231220080408129.pdf

and UL 1973 Listing for the 280K: https://www.sunfunkits.com/MediaStorage/Product/Documents/Document/55_20231219082553974.pdf

LF304 EV Rated | LF280K ESS Rated

Back