diy solar

diy solar

18650 Battery Store Legit? Will not answer the phone.

flatout71

Hello. Trying to order eve a 105 cells. Reached out to 18650 twice. No answer. No return call. So a little concerned about placing an order now?

Ezealco answered first call.

What the better option from those that have ordered from either store in the past?

Many thanks for the input.

Definitely legit.
80 cells from them, so far.
And the rest will also come from them.
I don't think that I have ever talked to them, on the phone. But email and texting has been no problem.

I bought 4x 105Ah cells from them 1 year ago. My friend did the same last month. Good so far.

They’ve answered my emails anytime I have messaged, to be fair it’s always been after they have the funds.
But I would consider them to be very reputable. They sent me 33 cells 2 weeks ago. Timely, affordable, packaged well, as described.

View attachment 170825

Maybe you're not buying large volumes?
"Maybe you're not buying large volumes?"

I made 2 small orders for shipping to rural Canada, with excellent service.

I ordered 8 cells and a JK BMS from Canada in April 2023. The communication was via email and it was EXCELLENT before during and after my order, answering my questions and providing constant updates of the order process, without my request for updates. I had no need to contact them by phone, so I do not have experience with that. Emails were returned quite quickly, with in a few hours and I didn't expect anything faster, so I was also happy with this. I also had no need for Chat type of immediacy with email.

I was honestly shocked at how good the 18650 service was to Canada for basically 2 small separate orders. I would not hesitate to buy from them again and Yes in my experience, they are Legitimate.

For once, UPS to rural Canada by ground was also extremely fast, efficient, quite affordable and shipping updates were prompt. Oddly to me, but zero issues, the batteries were well packed in 2 boxes of 4 and the BMS was in a separate box taped to one battery box. However, I had UPS hold the shipment at the nearest UPS contractor depot for me to pick up, despite that being 150 miles away, as my rural location is out of the zone for any courier delivery and has caused nightmares in the past. Nothing to do with 18650.

A second order for small items forgotten in the first order (due to the speed and shipping efficiency of the first order and my indecision for these accessories), was shipped by 18650 via US Postal Service and I added that as request in my order. Again the communication by 18650 was excellent, efficient, timely, and thorough from Check Out to Receiving the order a week later.

Howdy,

I've had excellent communitacions with them. I actually talked with Steven in Tech Support, last Friday.

He mentioned that they were going to a trade show in Fla. this week, and he would try to work with me while they were out of the office.

So, maybe it's just bad timing, which hopefully as resolved itself by now....

Ezealco answered first call.

Why not buy from them then?

Some sellers sell at a lower cost because they sell good products but don’t offer much in terms of premium service. If you don’t think someone answering your call or returning it is a premium service, then your probably not their kind of customer.

30 years ago phone was king. Now as little direct contact with the customer is the norm, to sell at a lower cost to compete in the tight marketplace.

They don't answer email either, tried twice a month between.

Have requested the spreadsheet for my cells I ordered. I got the cells in good condition quickly but they don't appear to be very good at follow-up/communication. I think I've contacted them 3-4 times so far, and still no E-mail or anything in regards to the spreadsheet they claim they will send you upon request.

Why not buy from them then?

Some sellers sell at a lower cost because they sell good products but don’t offer much in terms of premium service. If you don’t think someone answering your call or returning it is a premium service, then your probably not their kind of customer.

30 years ago phone was king. Now as little direct contact with the customer is the norm, to sell at a lower cost to compete in the tight marketplace.
I routinely call Amazon and Best Buy before ordering online, always a good litmus test if they are legit companies ?

18650 is a little notorious for poor phone support.

I personally don't believe they're selling True EV rated cells and the datasheets are just the pencil-whipped versions the Chinese supply to everybody else. Are they good cells? Yep. Are they truly EV grade? Not at that price.
100% agree.
I've been saying this for the last year.
None of these companies selling at these prices are selling EV grade cells.
Grade A, grade B, blah blah blah. It's all marketing.
I know that I'm not buying EV grade cells. But that's OK, because I'm not building an EV battery. I'm building a solar system storage battery. And these cells are perfect for that. And the prices match up with what I'm buying.

100% agree.
I've been saying this for the last year.
None of these companies selling at these prices are selling EV grade cells.
Grade A, grade B, blah blah blah. It's all marketing.
I know that I'm not buying EV grade cells. But that's OK, because I'm not building an EV battery. I'm building a solar system storage battery. And these cells are perfect for that. And the prices match up with what I'm buying.

If not for EV, what are these cells made for?

Does China make their own EV's that use battery cells like these and hence they can tongue-in-cheek call them ev grade?

They're seconds that didn't make the cut for EV use.

I'll take your word for it. If that's the case, why do they all reach advertised capacity?

Some other defect....I'm probably asking a question that's been beat to death in another thread.

I would think they would be good enough for off-brand Chinese ev's?

I'll take your word for it. If that's the case, why do they all reach advertised capacity?

Some other defect....I'm probably asking a question that's been beat to death in another thread.

I would think they would be good enough for off-brand Chinese ev's?
I’m completing shooting from the hip here but it would seem the discharge rate required of EV batteries is significantly higher. Which would lead me to believe their thresholds for acceptable are basically “perfect” and anything else gets rejected

If not for EV, what are these cells made for?

Does China make their own EV's that use battery cells like these and hence they can tongue-in-cheek call them ev grade?
They are made for Chinese EV's.
The ones that we buy are the ones that didn't pass the tests.
They don't handle the surge of power that an EV requires. But are perfectly fine for our needs.

Back