diy solar

diy solar

(2) 18KPV with 1 EG4 PowerWall

FullNuke

This forum along with some EG4 personnel has helped!

1. How would you connect (2) 18KPVs to (1) PowerWall? Is it simply using the extra battery outputs on the PowerWall and connecting to the “slave” 18KPV in addition to the “master” 18KPV?

Should I purchase anything extra (bus bars?) or are the two sets of outputs enough from the (1) PowerWall. I do plan on purchasing another PowerWall but at this time one will have to due for my 2x 18KPV 3 Phase 208V/120V setup

2. I am also installing 20 x Silfab Solar 380W Mono Solar Panel (Black) SL-380 HC. Would it be better to divide the strings to 2 sets @ 10 to “slave” and 10 to “master” or all 20 panels to the “master” in series?

It's unlikely a single power wall is sufficient for two 18kPVs, in fact just a single power wall is not enough for a single 18kPV at max load if I'm not mistaken.

It's unlikely a single power wall is sufficient for two 18kPVs, in fact just a single power wall is not enough for a single 18kPV at max load if I'm not mistaken.
Yes - however we only use the powerwall for a load shed during the day that lasts about an hour. The PV will handle most of the load but the powerwall might be needed to pick up the rest.

Yes - however we only use the powerwall for a load shed during the day that lasts about an hour. The PV will handle most of the load but the powerwall might be needed to pick up the rest.
What about a cloudy day where solar is not producing as much as normal? What will the amperage demand be?

1. How would you connect (2) 18KPVs to (1) PowerWall? Is it simply using the extra battery outputs on the PowerWall and connecting to the “slave” 18KPV in addition to the “master” 18KPV?
Yes

Would it be better to divide the strings to 2 sets @ 10 to “slave” and 10 to “master” or all 20 panels to the “master” in series?
I would split the panels between the inverters to spread the load, but not necessary.

I would be recommended to have the minimum of 200Ah for each inverter. As Quattrohead mentioned the 10 panels in series would be recommended for each inverter but not necessary.

diy solar

diy solar
Back