diy solar

diy solar

2000 watt direct connect inverter

LanduytG

Solar Enthusiast
Looking for a 2000 watt 12v pure sine wave inverter without the GFI and the 110v wires direct. Does anyone make those? I know I could go to a 3000 watt but it's way more than I need and I have size issues too.

Looking for a 2000 watt 12v pure sine wave inverter without the GFI and the 110v wires direct. Does anyone make those? I know I could go to a 3000 watt but it's way more than I need and I have size issues too.
Why are you not wanting GFCI?

It appears to have a hard wire option, but only mentions GFCI outlets. I wonder if the hard wire connection bypasses the GFCI function.

Exeltech XP2000
Very high quality, amazing customer service, and they have a repair service for very affordable prices. I bought a 1100 watt 48V model used on <famous e auction site> but ended up with two non-working units. For $100 each (+ shipping) Exeltech repaired both of them. Then they went above and beyond and shipped me a newer replacement unit for free when <famous shipping company that drives brown trucks> destroyed one while shipping it back to me, then lost it when they picked it up to "inspect" the damage.

High marks for Exeltech, made in USA (Texas). Their products are UL listed and used in the telecom industry that does not tolerate downtime or failure.

They have hardwired AC output terminals and a removeable neutral to ground bonding connection.

There are many brands that are cheaper. There are brands that have more features (built in AC charger for example, or integrated solar charge controller)

I have not found better customer service anywhere.

Years ago I had a 3000 watt running /6000 watt surge rated 12V modified sine inverter by vector (cheap bought it at pep boys during a power outage) that let all the magic smoke out when trying to start a single refrigerator while connected directly to the battery in my vehicle with the engine running. The specs on the cheaper equipment are pretty optimistic / marking speak / lies or are only true under very specific conditions. It will take massive wires to the battery to be able to keep the voltage drop low enough to be able to run a high power device as the current required is large. Don't plan on running any high power devices without the engine running. The current required to run a microwave would be similar to what it takes to run the starter, think how quickly the battery goes dead when constantly cranking the engine.

The capacity of vehicle starting batteries is such that a high power inverter can drain it to dead in a matter of minutes without the engine running ... but it saves you from having to have a generator.

Ended up getting the Renolgy 2000 watt pure sine wave. It has 3 GFCI outlets. But if you want all the power on one circuit it has a direct connect terminal strip. Will see if it's any good.

Back