diy solar

diy solar

2024 YouTube Video Ideas

it could be, i don't know and to some extent i don't care. knowing what makes it more efficient is less useful to most people than knowing the best solar array size [watts and voltage] to use with a particular battery size for a given SCC size/type/brand. it would be too much for will to produce efficiency graphs for every SCC but a few examples would be nice and i vote for one of them to be victron's 150/60 since i'm going to be using that one
since we are dealing with two different variables presenting the data might be tricky, so unless there is some good way to represent 3D data, we might want a series of charts such as a few with efficiency vs input voltage at different input watts and then a few with efficiency vs input watts at different input voltage. access to the data would also be nice in case someone wants to play with it, maybe a multi-variable regression followed by an optimization [eg multi-step derivatives] to find peak volt/watts efficiency points

A DIY 12v or 24v system that’s exactly 3,000wh so we can get 30% tax credit. The LiTime 12V 230Ah Plus is almost perfect to build it on but it’s too small (2944 WH) then it seems to jump to server rack battery

Last edited:
I liked the re-reviews you have done. Eye opening to see that some brands loosen or tighten their standards over time.

I noticed Chins batteries have been lowering prices faster than most, but they have changed to pouch cells

I would like to see follow up reviews on brands you have shown after about 2 years have passed.

Reactions: rci
See how many led lights it takes to max out your array power output!

Show the current waveform of said LED lights, and measure inverter efficiency.
Compare to inverter efficiency with incandescent lights, just as Thomas Edison intended.

Other than more explosions I'd like to see more coverage on code compliance. Maybe interview some AHJs and other people who are the bane of our existence.

I would erase the proverbial "How to build a solar system" "whiteboard" from 2022 and do a total new 2024 solar build ... The last time you did one of those was a while back and a lot of things has changed ... You could break it up into several parts so as not to make it an hour long ... I think if you did a video "build" of a medium size system (whatever medium happens to be these days) ... and laid out the parts and configurations you like currently - that this would be a great success.

Right now soooo many of the YouTubers are concentrating on a single piece of this or that. And thats fine -- but with the cost of solar dropping - more and more people - especially off-gridders - are getting into this and honestly you have to go back a few years to find some videos from you or David Poz or Andy, etc etc to get a layout and even then those nomenclatures have all been replaced by lighter/faster/better/cheaper devices for 2024 ...

I was screenshoting a few but now I'll just scroll through here to get some ideas 😂 there's a lot. Also, this thread could give ideas to other YouTubers.

Back