diy solar

diy solar

32 Volt System on a Motor Yacht

I'll take possession of the boat in a few weeks (COVID has delayed things a bit). It will probably be a few months before I get started on upgrading the electrical systems. I, too, am thinking that I should keep the FLA starting batteries. Let me know if you have any ideas, and I'll also keep my progress posted here.
Good Luck!

Keep us posted. Its 2 years later.

Me I kept the 32v system for sure.

I am messing around with a Flex Max 80 charge controller dropping the 36V settings to try and do 32 volts correctly but if you don't mind losing a little efficiency you solar charge a 12v Lifepo4 invert that DC to 120AC and connect your 120AC powered 32v battery charger to that.

Lose some power the transition 12dcv to 120ac then 120ac down again to power 32vdc charger but its the easiest way.

Its two years later, what happened ?

vibration in boats is far less then cars, movement is larger but angular acceleration is generally lower,

Corrosion inside the boat is not a big issue , outside directly exposed , yes

my last mobo was 28 years old and all the wiring was not tinned, all internal wiring was corrosion free for example

Im thinking metal cased LFPs are better , as heat can transfer out better, you need good containing boxes preferably metal , aluminium or stainless in my opinion but many have used wood

Back