diy solar

diy solar

4 MPP LV6548 / 30 kW EVE 304ah LiFePO4 battery/ 14 kW PV array

After I have read all the input of others on this forum I think I should change my system wiring (shown above). By removing the ECG bonding screw from one of my Inverters N/G relays . After second and third guessing my own conclusions just looking for some input about doing this before moving forward.

I'm sure you saw the diagram on how I intend to wire mine.

Daisy chain #2.jpg

While there is a possibility of objectionable current on G between the 2 inverters, I felt this was the best option. After install, I will be testing it. That will be a few months down the road, have a full plate at this time of the year.

I'm sure you saw the diagram on how I intend to wire mine.

View attachment 91424

While there is a possibility of objectionable current on G between the 2 inverters, I felt this was the best option. After install, I will be testing it. That will be a few months down the road, have a full plate at this time of the year.
I had considered this method. It seems the best way if you don't want to remove the ground screw for the relay. I am hoping this ground screw removal will completely solve this issue. It was not very difficult to do. I will put a meter on it tomorrow. That will prove this method out or not.

Here is the test results. With the ground screws removed from both inverters running from the battery I created 17 amp current on the neutral. You can see in the photos there is now no current on the EGC. Hopes this helps anyone who wants to run there system as split phase 120/240.
20220415_125123.jpg20220415_125707.jpg20220415_125039.jpg20220415_125052.jpg

Last edited:
We won't be discussing the dents in the magnetic tray. Should I be looking for where the screw goes?;)

I do see an issue with a wire, or is that ink?Raurre 002.PNG

I just have to say this is freaking fantastic. I have been trying to explain to my wife how I am going to set our system up and when I showed her this she was like "Well now... that looks nice."

Fantabulous my man.

Man your builds are so good! You should start an instagram of cabinet cable pron.

I finally finish the Fast Pack . It looks a little better than when I started. I was able to take it out with my wife and daughter last night. We went 12 miles and only used 9% of the capacity of the battery.
20220625_145457.jpg
20220625_145247.jpg20220508_150700.jpg

Last edited:
Back