diy solar

diy solar

(4) Renogy Black 100 watt panels pulling “over” capacity.

PictureMeFree

Just posting for novelty:

I have (4) 100 watt Renogy solar panels on top of our Sprinter, and I have never seen them pull over 300 watts at any given moment. Today, they somehow pulled over 420!

Confirmed these readings on BMS and Victron MPPT.

Has anyone else ever had their array pull more than its supposed max before? Pretty cool to see after two years of use. Occurred in CO Springs, CO today at 11:45 am MST.

Attachments

• 0D4B6CC8-11EF-4622-A970-7C7208EE821E.png
    0D4B6CC8-11EF-4622-A970-7C7208EE821E.png
    575.9 KB · Views: 6
See these search results for “cloud lensing”

Thanks for this. I did a search before posting trying to determine what was occurring, but the results weren’t fruitful probably for not knowing of the term “cloud lensing”. It was cool to learn about and certainly describes the conditions I was in yesterday, perfectly. Thanks again!

Just posting for novelty:

I have (4) 100 watt Renogy solar panels on top of our Sprinter, and I have never seen them pull over 300 watts at any given moment. Today, they somehow pulled over 420!

Confirmed these readings on BMS and Victron MPPT.

Has anyone else ever had their array pull more than its supposed max before? Pretty cool to see after two years of use. Occurred in CO Springs, CO today at 11:45 am MST.
I wish that I was as fortunate as you. The best I have ever produced is appx 80% on any of my systems.

I wish that I was as fortunate as you. The best I have ever produced is appx 80% on any of my systems.
My typical pull is only 250-300 watts. This was an anomaly for sure, and that’s why it surprised me so much!

Back