diy solar

diy solar

4 way tilting panels fully working

• Thread starter Deleted member 3614
  • Start date
Shading was the reason I changed to a smaller albeit more efficient panel in my mkII version. MkI when tilted was being shaded by the edge of my Fiamma awning.

I have been testing mine extensively over the past few months and I am quite happy with my simple system it’s going to be fit and forget for several months. I have only had to do a bit of fine tuning lately to eliminate some rattles!

Now the day length has increased and the sun is higher in the sky I have found less and less of a need to raise the panels
Where the system is going to be most useful though is over the winter months November to end of February especially so. Assuming we are allowed out in our vans again one day, then I look forward to fully testing mine late Autumn onwards

Meanwhile I have been playing with making solar hot water panels! It’s very easy to get about a gallon of very hot water from a simple solar spiral.

Shading was the reason I changed to a smaller albeit more efficient panel in my mkII version. MkI when tilted was being shaded by the edge of my Fiamma awning.

I have been testing mine extensively over the past few months and I am quite happy with my simple system it’s going to be fit and forget for several months. I have only had to do a bit of fine tuning lately to eliminate some rattles!

Now the day length has increased and the sun is higher in the sky I have found less and less of a need to raise the panels
Where the system is going to be most useful though is over the winter months November to end of February especially so. Assuming we are allowed out in our vans again one day, then I look forward to fully testing mine late Autumn onwards

Meanwhile I have been playing with making solar hot water panels! It’s very easy to get about a gallon of very hot water from a simple solar spiral.

Same here really, testing since early Feb. with just 3 150 watt panels, they able to run the water heater at 500 watts, the PC, fridge and other smaller things. Even with cable issues that should've fixed later this week. the cables are doping 5 amps due to tot heir size. The panels pull a max os 21 which is about 5 amps out (no shading) panels should be at 25 amps which is just over 30 amps when converted by the mppt.

I've done my vans selective a bit different, using both 140 and 12 volt at once via the inverter which is connected to the vans existing 240 system.

The funny bit, tilting this time of the year isn't needed that much, its good for maxing the power early in the morning if i want to work on the pc.

Plus points of tilting panels. saving LPG, so my twin tanks lasted about 12 days, but now with he diesel heater so no gas running heating plus the fridge only on at night so 15 days out of one tank and topped up all bottles on the 8th April and the tank was half full so about another 10 days if i had left them. so that's saving, say £18 log every 12 days. That also saves cash in diesel trying to find a pet station that sell LGG.

The van has been self-supporting for 2 months now, needing no water or power which was the plan from on start so happy days when i get out of prison.

I've been harassed by the police twice for delivering food to family whos too il to go out. we now live in a police state.

Dam it man ! LOL :LOL: been designing a pannel cooling/water heating system for my pannels as well (god i'm bored) every time i think i have a new idea you are already at it (y)
TBH i'm the same, the tilt is for those winter trip to scotland or wales, i don't really do peak holidays, i like my quiet times in the colder months , off doing some detecting or panning, i long for the quiet life, that's why i try to spend as much time as i can in wales rather than London !

Same here really, testing since early Feb. with just 3 150 watt panels, they able to run the water heater at 500 watts, the PC, fridge and other smaller things. Even with cable issues that should've fixed later this week. the cables are doping 5 amps due to tot heir size. The panels pull a max os 21 which is about 5 amps out (no shading) panels should be at 25 amps which is just over 30 amps when converted by the mppt.

I've done my vans selective a bit different, using both 140 and 12 volt at once via the inverter which is connected to the vans existing 240 system.

The funny bit, tilting this time of the year isn't needed that much, its good for maxing the power early in the morning if i want to work on the pc.

Plus points of tilting panels. saving LPG, so my twin tanks lasted about 12 days, but now with he diesel heater so no gas running heating plus the fridge only on at night so 15 days out of one tank and topped up all bottles on the 8th April and the tank was half full so about another 10 days if i had left them. so that's saving, say £18 log every 12 days. That also saves cash in diesel trying to find a pet station that sell LGG.

The van has been self-supporting for 2 months now, needing no water or power which was the plan from on start so happy days when i get out of prison.

I've been harassed by the police twice for delivering food to family whos too il to go out. we now live in a police state.

Sorry :( when i say chap it meens nowt just a turn of phrase chap (ess?) is chapess a word ? it is now lol :ROFLMAO:
I go out every day shopping, i lost 3 pensioners last year to old age and dementia but still got 5 i look after this year, never get hassled but then i use my car, i'd expect to get hassled if i was driving me ambulance all day lol when i first got it back and parked it on my estate i got hassled by resedents thinking it was a corona screening unit ! Na i said don't drink the stuff! i drink ale not that mexican pee water ! ido have a strange sence of humour as you'll see if you watch any of my YT scrap vids, i'll appologise now for when i offend anyone ?

Sorry :( when i say chap it meens nowt just a turn of phrase chap (ess?) is chapess a word ? it is now lol :ROFLMAO:
I go out every day shopping, i lost 3 pensioners last year to old age and dementia but still got 5 i look after this year, never get hassled but then i use my car, i'd expect to get hassled if i was driving me ambulance all day lol when i first got it back and parked it on my estate i got hassled by resedents thinking it was a corona screening unit ! Na i said don't drink the stuff! i drink ale not that mexican pee water ! ido have a strange sence of humour as you'll see if you watch any of my YT scrap vids, i'll appologise now for when i offend anyone ?
We English so any word goes i think lol.

Big problem for me, the motorhome is my daily drive and home too so when the plod states go home i jump in the van and should done!. Well long before his virus came to visit, parking was just as bad. They think i,ma gipsies or travellers, mm so everyone who has a RV, camper or whatever in the UK is classed as a gipsies, got nothing against travellers, worked with loads being a land worker.

Lol i would keep the blues and twos on the ambulance, that be so funny.

Think i hold the recond for being banned from sites, FB 33, other sites about 9. My to the point attitude doesn't go down that well. ok a lot haha.

I'm a person who lives life but not one that has to lie about things to get there.

where your scrap vids? here's mine, I have to say i,m not into video, my job is photography but like to take short vids to look back on,

Sorry just spotted your reply to chap mk1

I,m the same, i go to places that has no people, the freedom is friging beautiful, my daily life, walking out in the countryside, finding new places with my camera and taking in what ever crosses my path. I had to leave my dull life, left the lot, bought the motorhome and thought for me to live the right style life this van needs pimping up a lot. so its been have the steroids. its taken 8 months of work to get turn this holiday van into a normal home with wheels.

The to-do list
Fitting three 150 watt solar panels with 4-way tilting brackets
Twin Carbon 260 amp AGM batteries
Twin under van battery box
Fix many draft issues
Remove the front seats (not in the cab) making a large living area
Installing the inverter
Make a one-off table for the monitor
40 amp MPPT solar charge controller
Cab bulkhead with a door and insulation
Bathroom heater via wardrobe chimney (free heat)
Fit a diesel heater
Remove spear wheel
Replace carpet for a thick carpet tile
Lights in cubards
Roof fed water system with UV
Replaced solar wire cables
Increased engine power to 170 BHP
Improved many smaller parts

Its much lighter than a standard 720 now, its top speed is now 95, its an x biker thing, never enough power lol it has to perform as a home and something that can handle bad weather, fixing the weather issues took weeks, weather meaning water issue from the road, it has unreal crap mudguards on the rear wheels and with its skirting, the water acts like a jet, its torn out lights and wiring.

Its basically taking something that's only really made for a campsite and turning it into a built like a brick crap house on wheels.

My best mess up was putting the antenna for the internet on the wrong side of the van, a tree killed it lol.

We English so any word goes i think lol.

Big problem for me, the motorhome is my daily drive and home too so when the plod states go home i jump in the van and should done!. Well long before his virus came to visit, parking was just as bad. They think i,ma gipsies or travellers, mm so everyone who has a RV, camper or whatever in the UK is classed as a gipsies, got nothing against travellers, worked with loads being a land worker.

Lol i would keep the blues and twos on the ambulance, that be so funny.

Think i hold the recond for being banned from sites, FB 33, other sites about 9. My to the point attitude doesn't go down that well. ok a lot haha.

I'm a person who lives life but not one that has to lie about things to get there.

where your scrap vids? here's mine, I have to say i,m not into video, my job is photography but like to take short vids to look back on,

TBH my opinion is if you set yourself appart from the norm you have to expect to be pointed at ;) my nickname is and has been for 35 years Pikeybob, don't bother me in the slightest, if i wanted to blend in i would ;)

My ambulance is here
When i get it back from storage i'll start the build series, mostly scrap vids on there at the mo lol
If you want a camper built like a tank you need one of these, build quality is robust to say the least and unlike any motorhome it's roll over tested ! you can literaly land a helecoptor on one of these things and it won't even notice :) toughness is thier middle name ! and i'm pretty sure Alexank would agree on tha tpoint ;)

TBH my opinion is if you set yourself appart from the norm you have to expect to be pointed at ;) my nickname is and has been for 35 years Pikeybob, don't bother me in the slightest, if i wanted to blend in i would ;)

My ambulance is here
When i get it back from storage i'll start the build series, mostly scrap vids on there at the mo lol
If you want a camper built like a tank you need one of these, build quality is robust to say the least and unlike any motorhome it's roll over tested ! you can literaly land a helecoptor on one of these things and it won't even notice :) toughness is thier middle name ! and i'm pretty sure Alexank would agree on tha tpoint ;)
We only live in England lol, not much happens tbh. had three options, motorhome, camper or a van conversion, went for the motorhome as it already had the right set up, still took 18 months to find the right one.

Big difference when you want to live in one, a camper would be useless for that, too small. built mine so it has a living room come office, which was an easy conversion, being 6 birth its now down to 4, the overhead cab bed is brilliant, in all its has 5 rooms of sorts.

I liked the epiphany that the more you want to tilt the panels the less you need to also rotate them with the sun. If you are high in latitude in the winter, then the sun rises in the south east and sets in the south west, so just rotate them to the south, but angle them towards the horizon.

If you are in the summer, then you want to rotate and tilt the panels, but because you survived the winter, you have more than enough solar and don't need to track anything.

I liked the epiphany that the more you want to tilt the panels the less you need to also rotate them with the sun. If you are high in latitude in the winter, then the sun rises in the south east and sets in the south west, so just rotate them to the south, but angle them towards the horizon.

If you are in the summer, then you want to rotate and tilt the panels, but because you survived the winter, you have more than enough solar and don't need to track anything.
that's why mine don't rotate, its about gaining enough power in a short space of time. may get just an hours sun over a few days so its vital the panels are up. rotate no, i go for strength anytime. in the UK we live in an odd climate. not the terrible weather just a changeable one.

also depends on what i,m doing, if i,m working on the PC i put the panels up. or leave one up and the twin set flat. to heat the water up, same thing but may pop the twins up. its about watching the weather, its not just about solar but weather watching too. I can gauge what I need over a coming week as to when i can work if its mid-winter.

its all good fun and dam easy to do.

With panels and powers, its looking at the lifestyle you plan to live, if its campsites then anything goes, but full time off grid is a whole new ball game. to make it work I've even had to build a roof fed water system due to the UK has hardly any places to get water. maybe a 50 mile trip for water before the roof system was done. Then the LGP, there's hardly any gas stations that has it now. if in Scotland you taking many be a 100-mile drive for lgp. 20 - 50 miles in the UK.

Love off-grid living just not in England. its as bad as test test test for corona here ha.

With panels and powers, its looking at the lifestyle you plan to live, if its campsites then anything goes, but full time off grid is a whole new ball game. to make it work I've even had to build a roof fed water system due to the UK has hardly any places to get water. maybe a 50 mile trip for water before the roof system was done. Then the LGP, there's hardly any gas stations that has it now. if in Scotland you taking many be a 100-mile drive for lgp. 20 - 50 miles in the UK.

Love off-grid living just not in England. its as bad as test test test for corona here ha.
Wow. I live in WA USA and boon docking here is terrific. My wife and I left for 1 week to test our new water tanks in our RV. A few days later the virus stuff went bonkers in WA and we decided we were in no hurry to get back. We stayed in the RV for all of March. We had no problems finding dump/fill stations and propane. We lived off grid for 7 days, then went back to dump, and fill and get groceries and repeated this 4 times. We parked in several remote and ridiculously scenic places in CA and OR: desert, lake side, ocean view, snow capped mountains, valley views, etc...

Oh, sorry, that was mean. I'll rephrase that. Once we had to eat our dinner looking out over the pacific ocean during sunset. Yuk! Another time we had this 14,000ft snow capped angry peak looking down on us, Mt. Whitney. Oh that was awful. Later we were in a forest, and woke to 2 inches of fresh beautiful evil white snow.

I'm upgrading the 4 AGMs to 8LiFePo4s and just finished putting another 8 panels so 1.6kw total on the roof. I'm waiting for a slow boat from China to bring the cells. Once they are installed, we will head out to UT. Oh, that's a nasty state....

Thats ok.
I'm sure anyone from the UK whos on this site who has tried off grid would say just how bad it is. I spent 18 months trying to find the right RV in which i could change around but in that time I did some research into what i would be doing with the RV. With my life based around walking, adventures and photography plus visiting villages to photograph churches or popping into towns I soon found that paring would be an issue.

This is standard for a given place from a council website.
Camping and overnight occupation of vehicles
Overnight occupation of vehicles is prohibited in all National Park Authority-owned car parks. Camping and overnight occupation of motorhomes is also prohibited.

This is like this everywhere in the UK apart from Scotland. so to park, I use google maps and find concrete bases used by farmers like this one I then add them to my parking map and hope for the best. Had one aggressive farmer have a go the last time i was out.

So that leaves finding, say a gap in trees, a gravel track, We have so many laws its a joke, put ones is funny, so if you park on a farmers field, they can't move you until they get a court order, but if it states private, or no parking then you can be done when the plod turns up.

So, want a day out in a town. well thats even worse for large vans. so if you lucky you may get a town or cite cater for a few rv like here

The UK seems dead against motorhome, and vans, I would not recommend anyone buying something large than an estate car size van in the UK if they plan to spend most of their time in it. we have very greedy councils who runs local areas, they slap people with fines for doing not that much.

The UK to many is wonderful but not to me, they just not looked hard enough. Its that bad here, people have made apps for phones to find places to park, even one has done a business where you park in pubs overnight as long as you go to the pub. No one really dares tell the truth, British stiff upper lip thing. I'm not into that kind of thing just the truth. Someone did once tell me never get a job in a tourism shop, I put everyone off the UK lol.

I've never been, but am told and read that places like France welcome RV, campers, wild camping which is also banned in the UK.

As said in the UK pumped LPG is available but only in citys even then it's maybe 1 in 6 fuel stations have it, there's more EV charge stations than pumped LPG outside citys over here, i just tried an LPG map and it couldn't even find the UK LOL :ROFLMAO: all i got was whoa where is UK we cant find it :ROFLMAO:
Wild camping is illeagal/frowned apon in the UK so services are sparse to say the least, if you want to wild camp in a city it's fine (appart from the city aspect of it lol ) but the further out you go the harder it is, not that you can get far from a city in the UK you have to try REAL hard to get more than a mile from a town unless your in scotland ;)

Edit : you posted while i was spell checking LOL

The main reason i want an off grid camper is i get to use marinas when on site working on boats, the downside to that is shore power is provided for the boats not the car park which is mainly intended for boaters cars not campers, that and i like metal detecing the coast and gold panning in remote welsh and scotish areas where i can get away with wild camping for short periods of time (2 or 3 days).

Last edited:
As said in the UK pumped LPG is available but only in citys even then it's maybe 1 in 6 fuel stations have it, there's more EV charge stations than pumped LPG outside citys over here, i just tried an LPG map and it couldn't even find the UK LOL :ROFLMAO: all i got was whoa where is UK we cant find it :ROFLMAO:
Wild camping is illeagal/frowned apon in the UK so services are sparse to say the least, if you want to wild camp in a city it's fine (appart from the city aspect of it lol ) but the further out you go the harder it is, not that you can get far from a city in the UK you have to try REAL hard to get more than a mile from a town unless your in scotland ;)

Edit : you posted while i was spell checking LOL
I blow my spell checker up, i spent more time fixing my spelling than i do writing, here's me a dyslexic travel writer lol.

i use these. where i bough the gas tanks from. LPG location I'm the east of the UK, the wash area, so we are doomed for gas, BP removed the last one 3 months ago, so have one left which is a 20 mile drive, now if i go to Norfolk, omg, only has a few.

The problem with the UK, you taught to work, pay your taxes to keep the rich getting richer, you then slung in a care home left to die at the end of your working life. there's no free-thinking allowed here, god i,m deemed to have a personality disorder just because I think for myself. I'm not a robot of one-sided society.

I here esso is bring back LPG across many of its stations.

As for Scotland. haven't been, can't wait but i hope Scotland keeps its open countryside as some are getting fe up with some campers who are ruining it. This is odd. i,m classed as homeless right. have a home with wheels, but nope, you have to rent a flat in a hell hole, register with a council you hate to get help.

See thats the reason why the tilting panels came about, due to parking or the lack of it. it forced me to think or sell the van and become a robot.

It's not a UK thing it's the way the WORLD is, we could move and do the same shit in a differant country AND not understand the language, i have enough trouble with english ! LOL
I suffer from Dyspraxia, being dyslexic is part of it, i treat it with time and effort, IE i go back and check what i type over and over again, it's like any disabilty, you can overcome it if you try, i learnt that from being a carer for the last 38 years (y)
My post about my tilting set up is what brought me to this thread, same thing differant approach ;)

If you can GO TO SCOTLAND ! it's so beautiful it'll take your breath away and you'll spend ages just looking and taking it all in, mind you with Dyspraxia i have to take ages taking everything in or i loose it in the filing system i call my head :ROFLMAO:
i don't get all the symptoms just the annoying ones LOL, TBH i prefer the term brain damaged, i can at least frikken spell that! i meen come on ! who the feck invented the word dyslexia FFS it's hard enough to spell if you don't have it, if you do it's just rubbing it in !

P.S even though i checked this like 15 times i still had to go back and edit it 4 times LOL, there's allways that 1 comma you miss, dam little liney things ! all hidey away down there :devilish:

Another edit dam it, i use this link below, also shows EV charge points, no idea why i use it? don't have an EV :p

Last edited:
Born English and have no idea about our language, we the only country where wear, were could all go as one and I use to do that.

For me, dyslexia has been both a gift (art side and photography I see what others don't) it makes me taken in a whole picture, not just the centre. The trade of is not seeing spelling and numbers are just a mess. I learn via pictures, not words. it's sometimes a thing where I'm doing something and will not stop until its done.

Lol my tilting panels started off as a bit of fun and within a few days if I put them together they were on the roof working.

Don't worry about your spelling as I now know I understand it.

I think Scotland will blow my mind, I'm a storm and weather event chaser, where I turn it in art a mood, it is so dramatic. I don't think i be too friendly towards those midges lol and I'm not on about short Scotsmen? met loads of Scottish people, always get on very well, they are as mad as the Irish so I fit in with my madness.

Its funny, you joke around like me yet do serious too. its how i live my life tbh.

My posted spelling is fine (99% of the time), i check it all, i just copy what i think the spelling is and paist it in a google search (y) i try and make the effort to save others from making an effort to understand me, seems only fair, if i'm asking for help and can't be botherd to try myself i can't expect them to make the efffort to help me, for instance that last post took me 20 mins, and i still had to edit it 6 times :ROFLMAO: i'm not sure what's worse, the dyspraxia or the anal spell checking ! the dyspraxia certainly takes less time !

After 38 years as a care worker you need a sense of humour ! trust me ;) irreverent is what most would call me, see my latest scrap vid where i rib on god or gods, basicly i'm an atheist jew with a penchant for a bacon sarnie ! i don't need a god to scare me into doing good, I choose the right path on my own, except the bacon sarnies OBV ! but then no-one is perfect :giggle:

My posted spelling is fine (99% of the time), i check it all, i just copy what i think the spelling is and paist it in a google search (y) i try and make the effort to save others from making an effort to understand me, seems only fair, if i'm asking for help and can't be botherd to try myself i can't expect them to make the efffort to help me, for instance that last post took me 20 mins, and i still had to edit it 6 times :ROFLMAO: i'm not sure what's worse, the dyspraxia or the anal spell checking ! the dyspraxia certainly takes less time !

After 38 years as a care worker you need a sense of humour ! trust me ;) irreverent is what most would call me, see my latest scrap vid where i rib on god or gods, basicly i'm an atheist jew with a penchant for a bacon sarnie ! i don't need a god to scare me into doing good, I choose the right path on my own, except the bacon sarnies OBV ! but then no-one is perfect :giggle:
But always remember you are you, I'm hopeless at maths, never went to school but that's me being me. I do make it clear to people that I've had troubled life so I don't beat around te bush and never will.

When people understand that I have issues with spelling then they know it, yes I use a writing thingy called Grammarly which is great for writing but I still make loads of mistakes. it is just the way it is. we all have individuals skill sets. that I keep drilling into other photographers who think they should try and keep up to me, they never will unless they give up their entire lives.

yeah did some work with care but in ways, you won't believe only did a few weeks as part of a program. i did the special needs.

Some people and they are rare, live their lives how they see fit, I have done this all my life, its got me into a lot of trouble but when you get the t-shirt it matters not any more. I find freedom to be the best thing ever but so many will never get to have that feeling for many reasons.

As you say, no one is perfect, it would be a crazy world if everything was perfect.

As for the water.

water flow to the drain should be fine, te van tilts slightly due the twin batteries, the guides will be high enough to get a flow going. its a large roof.

as the dirty water, the system should remove most items but as i show its not for drinking so no need to go overboard with the filters. theres a few high-quality water filters on the market that works inline just before the tap that can help remove even worse items and of coarse the water filters system that sist on a work service.

getting water in the uk is as hard as finding LPG, to get LPG its a drive of 40 - 60 miles. thsi country is dead against people doing what i,m trying to do. even parking is a nightmare, to many rules and private laws. i often break laws just to get some sleep.
Living "Gypsy" is something I've never attempted so I have no personal experiences regarding the legal hurdles put up by local authorities in the USSA. Walmart, (hated by USSA's communist slave labor union Marxist worker party who were indoctrinated en masse courtesy of the fiscally voracious common core Communist slave labour union party in their public school lock up), not only is a corporation employing over two million people and providing products and services to less affluent people, but has historically allowed peaceful, temporary, campers to stay overnight in their parking lots. Local municipal ordinance have increasingly been taking precedent over private property, (another glorious gift of the Communistic/Marxist state courtesy of the NEA), so even though Walmart's are accomodating to overnight campers, local poltburo ordinances often forbid it.

Living "Gypsy" is something I've never attempted so I have no personal experiences regarding the legal hurdles put up by local authorities in the USSA. Walmart, (hated by USSA's communist slave labor union Marxist worker party who were indoctrinated en masse courtesy of the fiscally voracious common core Communist slave labour union party in their public school lock up), not only is a corporation employing over two million people and providing products and services to less affluent people, but has historically allowed peaceful, temporary, campers to stay overnight in their parking lots. Local municipal ordinance have increasingly been taking precedent over private property, (another glorious gift of the Communistic/Marxist state courtesy of the NEA), so even though Walmart's are accomodating to overnight campers, local poltburo ordinances often forbid it.
Wow, what a difference, the attitude in the UK is you stay be fined.

Its down to if a farmer is friendly or now, i,ve met a de who's nice and they have helped to point where to park, as i try and park in a place where i can go off walking. They do try and talk because they can't force you out unless they have court orders.

Our country is a very much of a nany state, if you own a van you seem as a traveller and isn't welcome at all. there's also terrible jelusy with people in the UK, they concentrate on what others are doing more than their town lives. you can't have anything different, you can't be different or you be driven out of some places.

Thats without taking into account the horrendous social divide we have, there are 3 classes of people here, poor, middle class and rich, i come from the poor end of the scale and proud of it. had to fight for the basic things in life, sadly being single, renting or owning a home for me will never happen = the motorhome. it was that or the streets.

Will it change, no, its getting worse and i think this virus has put the final nail in the coffin for many like me.

Oddly some will say, well this is a solar forum, well yes, but there's a bag full that hovers with it to take in.

Wow, what a difference, the attitude in the UK is you stay be fined.

Its down to if a farmer is friendly or now, i,ve met a de who's nice and they have helped to point where to park, as i try and park in a place where i can go off walking. They do try and talk because they can't force you out unless they have court orders.

Our country is a very much of a nany state, if you own a van you seem as a traveller and isn't welcome at all. there's also terrible jelusy with people in the UK, they concentrate on what others are doing more than their town lives. you can't have anything different, you can't be different or you be driven out of some places.

Thats without taking into account the horrendous social divide we have, there are 3 classes of people here, poor, middle class and rich, i come from the poor end of the scale and proud of it. had to fight for the basic things in life, sadly being single, renting or owning a home for me will never happen = the motorhome. it was that or the streets.

Will it change, no, its getting worse and i think this virus has put the final nail in the coffin for many like me.

Oddly some will say, well this is a solar forum, well yes, but there's a bag full that hovers with it to take in.

Not sure it's all down to attitude ? there's a whole lot more space in the US, room for people to be differant, there's a reason vanlifers in the UK head to spain and france, it's big and you can hide in isolated places that the UK simply doesn't have (appart from scotland where they tend to hang out) AND lets not forget the UK does have an issue with travellers, both of the pikey type and the partying/squating/rave scene type, both giving van lifers a bad name in the past, i used to set up sound systems for raves :oops:, a lot of the vans i converted in the past were for travellers to go raving around europe, in fact one of them is still in a russian prison on drug smuggling charges o_O it was during that period i got my SAS army smock i wear in my videos, 25 years later still wearing it lol
ho hum, we live we learn, we (hopefully) grow up, nowdays the most rebellious i get is listening to the Jam and the Specials on CD :ROFLMAO: i gotted old ?

Ohh hell, yes we have massive issues with the travellers here, used to work with a large family of them but they was the good ones. very nice people. but you get the bad ones and boy they are really bad. We get hare coursing here and these people are borderline mental. they smash people up if someone walks up to them.

All what you say is right, the thing is, we seem to be rated to the same brush. even if you nowhere near them, you still get the crap.

haha the sas bit is funny.

I've met just 8 people so far who lives full time, three in van conversions and the rest in motorhomes, all state dead the same thing, they wish to seek freedom and be away from others, just like me.

What i found, I can escape people and not see any for a few days in a row in places like Norfolk. we have many sleepy villages where you see or hear no one, so i tend to park a few miles away, go off walking and see no one. now in the summer months, places like Norfolk coastline, its full of people, so i don't go to those places but head inland and photograph nature and churches, again i,m on my own often, may see one or two people per day.

I tend to head to the best bits from the autumn onwards or after the schools have gone back.

I posted a video tour on youtube of my van, the phone is crap so its stuck in slim Jim mode lol and its blind as a bat too grrr.

diy solar

diy solar
Back