diy solar

diy solar

10 panels / 4 split phase inverters

Tajgarage

I bought 4- EG4 3600EX inverters, 6- EG4 LIFEPOWER 4 48v batteries, 10- 460w solar panels along with all the suggested accessories from one of the major suppliers
their design team designed this system for my RV.
At the time of the sale they told me to wire 5 solar panels in series to one of the split phase inverters on L1 and the other 5 panels in series to one of the split phase inverters on L2.
Now after I installed the system and ready to power on their new techs tell me that it won't work.
The techs and sales people that told me this no longer work there.
How can I wire 10 solar panels to 4 split phased inverters.
there's no more space to add any more solar panels on the RV.
I'm hoping someone smarter than me has a solution to my problem or can point me to someone that does.

For those of us not familiar with these specific units, we need the following info:

Battery voltage - 48v

Solar panels: Qty10
Voc____
Vmp_____
Imp_____

EG4:
Solar input range Volts:_____
Max Current input_____
Max Voc______

Post the numbers- then we can help better.

Why do you need 4 inverters?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bop
That sounds like a very weird system indeed- 4 separate inverters???
Why???
(I can't even find a EG4 3600EX inverter- they make the 6000EX and the EG4 3000 EHV but no 3600 listed ???)

BTW, the general method to parallel is any inverter can take pv, so having some on L1 and some on L2 makes sense.

Why do you want 240v split phase in an RV?

BTW, the general method to parallel is any inverter can take pv, so having some on L1 and some on L2 makes sense.

Why do you want 240v split phase in an RV?
50a shore cable is split phase input so its easiest to keep that split phase setup throughout the coach. Many are wired this way to cheap out on the neutral wire. Also some high end coaches have 240V dryers, rangetops and heated floors.

Even the small high end cooktops are 240v. I'm planning on getting one of both of these below

Back