diy solar

diy solar

48VDC Rack Mount Batteries - Grounding

New home services (usually plastic pipe) no longer provide the requirements for use as a GEC. But the water system still needs to be bonded for human safety. Which is usually now done at the water heater, because it's the only place to access metal piping.

My house was built in 1967 so all of the water lines and baseboards are copper and the waste lines and vents are cast iron. The only thing replaced was a waste line from the laundry/kitchen area during a remodel 6 years ago where we discovered a slab leak under the kitchen floor. It was a jack hammered up and redone with PVC. I like the old school way they did things in the past to be honest, back before they printed to infinity.

Not sure where you are getting your information.
But you are still required to ground the water system.
What you are probably referring to is that it no longer counts as the earth connection.
But the water system still must be bonded to grounding system. This is usually done at/near the water heater.
Yes, my house is all copper pipe which I installed. It is tied to ground, the reason NEC requires it is to have ground fault protection in case the metallic water pipes become energized. Touching a faucet, for example, could lead to a potential deadly shock.

Yes, my house is all copper pipe which I installed. It is tied to ground, the reason NEC requires it is to have ground fault protection in case the metallic water pipes become energized. Touching a faucet, for example, could lead to a potential deadly shock.
Or the water itself.

Reactions: Zwy
Back