diy solar

diy solar

600 Watts With 10 Gauge Wire

I currently have a Midnite Solar MNEPV breaker. It's rated to 150VDC but it is polarized and I only have one on the positive wire. NEC states that both PV wires should be fused.

A 2-pole breaker rated for sufficient DC voltage and amperage should be used. Below is a link to what I believe is a representative example of what some people are using. This is not a specific product endorsement. I have not used this breaker.

I've seen several threads mention this type of breaker for a PV disconnect.
I thank you… I have Seen that… in the middle of upgrading much of the system and still pondering certain things.. it’s not always easy and many adverts and literature play dodgeball with ya at times.
Jim.

Reactions: elf
This one?:

That's rated to only 48V. But I'm sure it's a cheap breaker found under many brands. Perhaps you have a version that really is rated at 72V. Do you have a link?

Just a thought, has anyone got any experience or knowledge with large Anderson connectors being used as a total disconnect only ,for an pv array ( that’s already fused) … the ones I had on a mid sized snow plow truck for years we’re very reliable ,simple and not real pricey…
Jim.

What size fuses do I need at the solar panels? Also I noticed I’m only getting 470-490 watts from 600 watts of panels on sunny days. It that normal for 600 watts?

Back