diy solar

diy solar

A catalogue of all inverters in one place

Funny, I came away with a very different reading (possibly because I don’t need even 5kW and could easily get by with 3kW).

Lack of repair-ability may be an issue for a reseller like Midnight Solar but is a non-issue for me.

The fact that the specifications are for real and that the units can be pushed for 2+ years at close to max ratings is very comforting to confirm.

Fan wearout is related to fan usage and I’d be ready to gamble that at average power of 3% of max ratings with occasional short-term surges to 30% of max ratings, I’ll get much, much longer lifetime from the stock fans.

It would be nice if replacing a blown fan was doable but with any cheap Chinese kit, replacing the entire unit when it fails is a viable option.

Did you see anything that causes you concern this SRNE 10kW unit is likely to have problems an MPP Solar 6kW split-phase unit wound not?
No, thinking about it more my only concern would be sourcing parts, if needed, down the road. With the way this industry is evolving it would likely make sense to just upgrade if something failed in a few years.

No, thinking about it more my only concern would be sourcing parts, if needed, down the road. With the way this industry is evolving it would likely make sense to just upgrade if something failed in a few years.
Bit like back in the day when you ran out to buy the latest desktop computer only to find it was obsolete by the time you got it home and booted up.

Bit like back in the day when you ran out to buy the latest desktop computer only to find it was obsolete by the time you got it home and booted up.
Exactly. I don't miss those days.
Now if we could just get modular AIOs... Main board with upgradable mppts and transformers to start.

Only if this is hobby. Personally I don’t want to fiddle and f$&k around with my main source of power every couple of years.

Back