diy solar

diy solar

A different way to think about climate change

For now theyre not, theres no charging infrastructure in place, and constructing it will create more GGE than you will save over 100 years.
That isn't even remotely true.. Every home has its own charging infrastructure, and commercial fast chargers are easy to install.

They will only be cheaper with continued government restrictionon s on petroleum production.
As for that 2035 thing I cant miss what doesnt exist. LOL everyone who prefers ICE cars will be too old to drive in 14 years.
Off in our own little world I see.
If we only believe and wish hard enough EVs will save us all and anyone injecting reality into the discussion is a conspiracy theorist.
EV's alone won't save us, but you've completely missed the point. Let me guess, no college, no science, and church on Sundays?

NEVER MIND the current electric generating infrastructure is nowhere near the capacity needed for a fraction of the ICE conversions theyre proposing.
Wrong again genius. The current electric grid could easily support all the EV's for the next decade. The moron propaganda pushers said something similar about the solar panels on homes about twenty years ago.. How'd that work out? Are you seeing massive grid disruptions due to power imbalances? NOPE..

NEVER MIND the distribution networks in most cities were designed in the 50s and 60s when use was half what it is now and to support the proposed use would take massive civil engineering projects with a staggering cost both financial and in carbon emissions.
No again. The design of our power grid makes it easy to build out with more capacity. Where the heck do you get your information from?
NEVER MIND much of the technology being used in charging stations is far less reliable than getting gas from a pump. We will save the planet by making people drive for hours all over town to find a working charge station.
Why would someone drive for hours to find a charging station when their own home is a charging station? Reliability of a charging station is no more or less a problem than a gas pump..

These are the people that claimed they would enact policies to reduce fossil fuel use, did so, but now claim those policies had nothing to do with rising gas prices.

Lets go, Brandon!
Ah! The "lets go Brandon" phrase.. That indicates that you are easily manipulated by social fads and you follow what others give you like a farm animal.. I think the technical term is "sheepole".. Do you go to church were a shepherd guides you? (that might be a light bulb moment eh?)

Let me guess a few attributes about you:
1) You know who won the Superbowl last year but you couldn't recite the first line of the periodic table of elements?
2) Church on Sundays?
3) No college, no science education?
4) Smoking pot and drinking at least a couple of six packs every week?

There's one lesson I've learned in life that applies to people I find in forums repeatedly spouting off false statements.. "You can't fix stupid"

You still use a flip phone? When the iPhone came out, the networks didn't have close to the required bandwidth to support smart phones if everyone had one.

2035 is over 13 years away. Technology will be magnitudes different by then. I am actually hoping that by 2035, most electric cars will be autonomous as well.

Think about that for a little while Bozo!
This guy is calling me names while he just made a direct comparison of adding capacity to cell networks and electrical generating and distribution.
This is why its dangerous to have leftists forming policy. Reality doesnt enter the picture.

This guy is calling me names while he just made a direct comparison of adding capacity to cell networks and electrical generating and distribution.
This is why its dangerous to have leftists forming policy. Reality doesnt enter the picture.
Bozo the Clown,

You against building up infrastructure now? Building infrastructure is somehow leftist? BTW, been a Republican my entire life although it appears the Republican party is leaving many of us centrist behind in the dust. The uneducated on the far right are the danger to this country. You definitely prove that.

As a Republican congressman Madison Cawthorn said to an audience of mostly college students recently: “I think you should home school. I was home schooled all the way through. I am proudly a college dropout. Unless you are becoming a doctor or lawyer or engineer, I highly encourage you to drop out.”

This guy is the future of the Republican party and the voters were stupid enough to elect this guy? God help us.

Last edited:
My 8 year old daughter knows the first two lines of the periodic table.. do you? Let that sink in for a moment.
I'm supposed to be in awe of your intellect ? I made more in the stock market than you earned in the last two years.
I also never use Calculus, but I had to take 3 years of it in Mechanical Engineering.
Nothing is less impressive than a know-it-all.

I'm supposed to be in awe of your intellect ? I made more in the stock market than you earned in the last two years.
I also never use Calculus, but I had to take 3 years of it in Mechanical Engineering.
Nothing is less impressive than a know-it-all.
ROFLMAO... You are apparently in awe of my 8 year old....

Sometimes its just better to keep your mouth closed than to open it and look foolish.

ROFLMAO... You are apparently in awe of my 8 year old....

Sometimes its just better to keep your mouth closed than to open it and look foolish.
Its really to bad that you do not heed your own advice.............

Bozo the Clown,

You against building up infrastructure now? Building infrastructure is somehow leftist? BTW, been a Republican my entire life although it appears the Republican party is leaving many of us centrist behind in the dust. The uneducated on the far right are the danger to this country. You definitely prove that.

As a Republican congressman Madison Cawthorn said to an audience of mostly college students recently: “I think you should home school. I was home schooled all the way through. I am proudly a college dropout. Unless you are becoming a doctor or lawyer or engineer, I highly encourage you to drop out.”

This guy is the future of the Republican party and the voters were stupid enough to elect this guy? God help us.
My point about infrastructure was clearly stated, and I have little desire to have further discussion with someone who avoids clearly stated points and hurls personal insults.
User ignored. As well as "murphy guy"...

The I don't know why global warming is a left vs right wing issue. We have known since the late 1800's that icreasing CO2 levels in the atmosphere will reduce the amount of heat radiating from Earth into space. There are people who deny those simple facts, but there are people who are adamant the earth is flat or that earth was created by a god less than 10,000 years ago. It would be best to ignore those "smart" people and move on.

We are quickly approaching a situation where electric cars are going to be cheaper than ice cars. Where rooftop solar is cheaper than the grid for large periods of the year. Where self driving cars make car ownership uncompettive, where meat produced in vats is cheaper than growing animals and slaughtering them, where AI is going to make work optional for those who want to.

All these changes are going to happen a lot faster than policy makers can deal with, regardless if they are left or right wing. Fast interconnected grids are needed if we want to prevent blackouts, they are not build overnight. There needs to be an option where a home owner can be a producer as well as a consumer of electricity based on the spot price. You think the big players are going to welcome that competition?

The first step we could take is to end all Fossil Fuel Subsidies, something both the left and the right should be able to agree on the left because it does not believe in subsidizing private corporations and the right because it does not believe in subsidies.

However this is going to be a huge cluster fuck because of partisan politics and corporate greed. Those of us who can afford to install solar and batteries are going to be partially insulated from some of the changes I mentioned.

Soylent green is approaching faster each generation… who knows.

I run a service company… my carbon footprint is staggering… I do tiny things to lower it…
I charge all my electronics with solar… I do have plans to lower my personal footprint, but it is a slow process…
It looks like I will FINALLY be able to get my electric work truck… using it will be a different chore.
I also plan to get a leaf for the wife to do her minor driving in… it’ll charge via the suburban array…
I’m setting up a minisplit to keep the edge off at the office, and run it on solar.
Same at my country house… baby steps.
I plan to have a tiny array run the lighting and receptacles at the condo…
I don’t have the space for an array large enough to power it all…
If I get hoa approval for a rooftop array, I may setup a net metering system…

One change I would like is designated parking… then charging stations or outlets could be implemented

The I don't know why global warming is a left vs right wing issue.
Because most of the right don't believe in science, they believe in magical invisible sky fairies. Science and religion do not mix, they have never mixed, and they will never mix. The one defining attribute of the right wing is their religious fervor.

We have known since the late 1800's that icreasing CO2 levels in the atmosphere will reduce the amount of heat radiating from Earth into space. There are people who deny those simple facts, but there are people who are adamant the earth is flat or that earth was created by a god less than 10,000 years ago. It would be best to ignore those "smart" people and move on.
There's a lot more of them then there are of us. And that's the problem.

We are quickly approaching a situation where electric cars are going to be cheaper than ice cars. Where rooftop solar is cheaper than the grid for large periods of the year. Where self driving cars make car ownership uncompettive, where meat produced in vats is cheaper than growing animals and slaughtering them, where AI is going to make work optional for those who want to.

All these changes are going to happen a lot faster than policy makers can deal with, regardless if they are left or right wing. Fast interconnected grids are needed if we want to prevent blackouts, they are not build overnight. There needs to be an option where a home owner can be a producer as well as a consumer of electricity based on the spot price. You think the big players are going to welcome that competition?

The first step we could take is to end all Fossil Fuel Subsidies, something both the left and the right should be able to agree on the left because it does not believe in subsidizing private corporations and the right because it does not believe in subsidies.

However this is going to be a huge cluster fudge because of partisan politics and corporate greed. Those of us who can afford to install solar and batteries are going to be partially insulated from some of the changes I mentioned.
All true my friend..
We need to realize that those on the right will be dying from the effects of global warming all the while proclaiming it isn't real, or that its something conjured up by the left to enslave them.. Throw in the words "elitist" and "new world order", and the sheepole will never change or learn.

Because most of the right don't believe in science, they believe in magical invisible sky fairies. Science and religion do not mix, they have never mixed, and they will never mix. The one defining attribute of the right wing is their religious fervor.

All true my friend..
We need to realize that those on the right will be dying from the effects of global warming all the while proclaiming it isn't real, or that its something conjured up by the left to enslave them.. Throw in the words "elitist" and "new world order", and the sheepole will never change or learn.
Do you have to be so completely "black and white" ? Being a conservative means at least to me not bankrupting a country trying to solve an issue.
There are MUCH bigger climate offenders out there and they do not give a dam about the climate accord.
The way I see it, sending massive amounts of money towards the ruling class will not solve the real issues.(unless you are the ruling class)
And to be fair science as wonderful as it is, Is subject to human error.

Do you have to be so completely "black and white" ?
Believe me, I hate it as much as you do considering I'm a conservative myself.. but I'm not a radical bible thumping type.. I listen to science as there is nothing else out there that has been as reliable. Perfect? No.. but a lot more reliable than anything else.
Being a conservative means at least to me not bankrupting a country trying to solve an issue.
For me, it depends on the issue.. What good is money or wealth if you're dead?

There are MUCH bigger climate offenders out there and they do not give a dam about the climate accord.
I completely agree with you, and that's a fact. But one thing I've learned in life is to never point at someone else's behavior to justify my own.

The way I see it, sending massive amounts of money towards the ruling class will not solve the real issues.(unless you are the ruling class)
Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but you're saying that as if you think green technologies are somehow beneficial to the wealthy.. That makes no sense whatsoever.. I generate my own electricity with solar now, I'm no longer sending my money to the big utility companies.. and when I get an electric vehicle, I will install more solar and I will no longer be giving my money to the big oil companies.

Big Energy has created an entire propaganda campaign to retain their wealth.. making average people believe things that just aren't true. Remember how solar was going to kill so many jobs? It created 100 times more jobs instead! Just another lie from Big Oil.. You didn't think they were really going to tell you the truth did you? The last thing "the ruling class" wants is for you to become energy independent..
And to be fair science as wonderful as it is, Is subject to human error.
Yes it absolutely is... Got a better alternative?

All true my friend..
I truly wish you were even half as smart as you think you are because then it would probably be you that figured out how to solve the climate issue.

Just like the gretta left crazies there are right crazies that deny climate change but you seem to think that just because the right is not moving on any of the ideas the left is coming up with it means that the right is denying climate change.

What you seem to fail to understand is that the right will not come up with the solution to climate change. What the right will do is make a move when the left finally comes up with a solution that will actually work. Those are the roles of right and left. Left comes up with ideas, they are the creative, revolutionary screwups that come up with everything but will piss it all away if left to their own devices. The Right will see a good idea, impose order on it, capitalize on it and make it work and then keep making widgets until the whole enterprise is broke because they failed to be creative and adapt. The left needs to quit whining about it all and get to work and find the idea that will work and let the right bring it home.

I truly wish you were even half as smart as you think you are because then it would probably be you that figured out how to solve the climate issue.

Just like the gretta left crazies there are right crazies that deny climate change but you seem to think that just because the right is not moving on any of the ideas the left is coming up with it means that the right is denying climate change.

What you seem to fail to understand is that the right will not come up with the solution to climate change. What the right will do is make a move when the left finally comes up with a solution that will actually work. Those are the roles of right and left. Left comes up with ideas, they are the creative, revolutionary screwups that come up with everything but will piss it all away if left to their own devices. The Right will see a good idea, impose order on it, capitalize on it and make it work and then keep making widgets until the whole enterprise is broke because they failed to be creative and adapt. The left needs to quit whining about it all and get to work and find the idea that will work and let the right bring it home.

Hey, we're making progress! At least the right wingers are now acknowledging that climate change is real...

Its only taken 30+ years for them to catch up with the rest of the class.

Hey, we're making progress! At least the right wingers are now acknowledging that climate change is real...

Its only taken 30+ years for them to catch up with the rest of the class.
Again, for the slower ones in the class. The right wing is not in denial, or catching up. Just waiting for the creative to come up with a solution so the conscientious can implement and make it work.

Again, for the slower ones in the class. The right wing is not in denial, or catching up. Just waiting for the creative to come up with a solution so the conscientious can implement and make it work.
LOL

LOL...you have to be kidding.

BTW...there yo go again!

Mo Brooks' reason the sea level is rising
1641185318524.png

Last edited:
Back