diy solar

diy solar

Acopower 100W Solar Panel $49.99

My 4 panels arrived today in good shape.

I can confirm that the spec sheet I linked to in post #6 of this thread is the correct one.

I have family issues to attend to this weekend and will hook them up early next week but I’m pretty sure I will be happy with them.

Mine also arrived today, well… yesterday by now. After midnight and all… I just got home from work so I haven’t had opportunity to hook ‘em up yet. Likely will get them connected on Saturday.

I just looked on Amazon and the panels are back on 50% discount with now a minimum of 1 ordered. I just ordered 2 more.

Well one of mine showed up today but not the other . in a little concerned since when I go to amazon it says they were delivered but on the label it states one of 2 .has anyone else ordered 2 and gotten them at different days ? Its in good shape but missing its twin.........

Attachments

• 0812221824_HDR.jpg
    0812221824_HDR.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 9
Well one of mine showed up today but not the other . in a little concerned since when I go to amazon it says they were delivered but on the label it states one of 2 .has anyone else ordered 2 and gotten them at different days ? Its in good shape but missing its twin.........
I ordered 2 on the 5th, and 2 on the 6t, all 4 show up together at my door yesterday. The White sticker on each box should show 1 of 2, and 2 of 2.
Does FedEx site show that both of them are delivered? You should see two tracking numbers ID, one is Master tracking ID and sub-master tracking ID.

Here is the best I could get today from my first panel. The second one showed up today but I haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet . this was about noon today with clear sky's

Attachments

• 0813221526.jpg
    0813221526.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 0813221135.jpg
    0813221135.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 35
8 panels arrived on Saturday, 2 boxes looked like they were involved in a hit and run. Fortunately only scratches in the frame finish and one dent in the frame, no damage to the panels. Not worth the hassle to try to get them replaced, especially if they're working. Hope to get some readings this week

Here is the best I could get today from my first panel. The second one showed up today but I haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet . this was about noon today with clear sky's
Thanks for sharing. ~82% of it rating at STC is about the best you'll get from any module I believe. My 6 arrived yesterday. I opened the worse looking box and the module was perfect.

Was able to mount my first 2 panels today and do some testing of just 1 (It is in series with 2 other 100 watt panels). Before some clouds came up mid sun the output of the 3 reached 230w. Which from my past testing of the 2 Newpowa panels the new one is in series with, it seems the Accopower is within spec. ~75-77w.

Got the mount and wiring ready to go when the next two show up. I plan to add 3 to my offgrid inverter setup to go from 3S2P to 3S3P. P1010008.JPGP1010009.JPG

The pole mount is simply satellite dish back assemblies (minus the dish) with unistrut or some old pipe hanging strut that I had on hand for the cross arms. The panels are held in place with bolts and washers. My first few setups I had extra sat dish hardware from the past (Hughes, Dish networks). The last few I bought a box of Direct TV back assemblies from someone getting out off the sat install business.

I thought they looked like back assemblies for satellite dishes with unistrut attached. I was just hoping they were a kit that would pass AHJ for inspection.

Sorry, just my own adaptation and not approved by anyone but myself :)
Luckily for me where I live I am the only one who gets any say in the matter.

Mine are still in route. They both left CA on the same truck, but one is now in Dallas and the other one is in Houston. Both are "supposed to be here (San Antonio area) tomorrow.

Edit: The one in Dallas is now showing as a 'Shipment Exception' in flaming red letters. But it still shows scheduled for tomorrow. Technically there is no reason it still can't show up, but I have a feeling it will be Monday for that one.

Last edited:
Yep fedx did the same thing with mine . one showed up on Friday the other on Saturday.
Both were in perfect condition . mine had to to a little farther. I am here in ohio

The shipping exception on mine was due to "barcode not readable - replaced". But they both have found themselves together again, and are out for delivery.

Surprised to see the FedX guy show up today with my last 2 panels. I was not expecting them for another week. Both test over 23vDC Voc so looks good. For someone out in my remote area to get new panels shipped free at around 55 cents a watt was a heck of a buy.

Back