diy solar

diy solar

Acopower 100W Solar Panel $49.99

Good to know, I think these panels are going to meet spec given the time-of-day idex tested.
Mine are real, new Acopower panels. I just hauled my two 200W up onto the roof, without accident or injury. It's amazing how dirty the existing panels are.

Keep in mind there are 3 metrics for STC on panel rating.
One, is luminosity
One is temperature, the third is atmospheric density.
So, a clear sunny sky doesn't mean it will have proper conditions for rated output.
At 9ish am, there is 50% more air the sunlight is traveling through.

Getting rated output from a panel is tricky.
Sun needs to be in mid solstice, above the morning and evening lines.

Keep in mind there are 3 metrics for STC on panel rating.
One, is luminosity
One is temperature, the third is atmospheric density.
So, a clear sunny sky doesn't mean it will have proper conditions for rated output.
At 9ish am, there is 50% more air the sunlight is traveling through.

Getting rated output from a panel is tricky.
Sun needs to be in mid solstice, above the morning and evening lines.
I think the take-away I have from this is that it would only 'meet the spec' in the lab so I'm going to choose my language more carefully here. For me, if those panels produce ~100w of power under any natural condition I'll be happy :)

Please do the report and post some pictures when you have time.
Damaged panels are my big concern, I hope mine will be OK since I am in N.Cali and I believe they are being shipped from S.Cali.
Idex beat me to it. They are being shipped from Arcadia which is in the San Gabriel Valley, about 20 miles east of Los Angeles. Just ordered two more for my daughter.

Why is it that lots of people received these, but No One has done a simple test to see if they work? People posted that they received them, but did not take the time to open them. Instead they had time to post on this forum. Very strange.
We just found out about the deal on Thursday (Aug 4th), so lots of people here go to order them, idex is the first one to receive the panels yesterday since he is in So.Cal close to where they are shipped from. I order my on the 5th (second order on the 6th after seeing idex's pictures), I am in No.Cal and I do not receive mine yet.
So do not expect people to show the test results that fast since most of us have not received them yet.

Last edited:
I am setting up a test lab to stress test all 4 I ordered into a 5kWh bank. I will post up the results through my victron smart shunt.
They are scheduled to arrive the 10th
I might be able to hook one up one or two to my little Bluetti EB3A and run something that uses more than 100-200 watts when I get mine tomorrow ?

I have a dental appointment unfortunately and might not be feeling super solar panel happy afterwards..

Got 10 of them in today. Opened the one with the most beat up box.. they are packaged really well, no damage visible.

Getting 60watts out of it plugged into my bluetti, with the solar panel just sitting on the hood of one of my vans, the sun isn't even overhead, it's behind it, roughly 15-25 degree angle off from being overhead.

Pretty good under those conditions.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 13
Got 10 of them in today. Opened the one with the most beat up box.. they are packaged really well, no damage visible.

Getting 60watts out of it plugged into my bluetti, with the solar panel just sitting on the hood of one of my vans, the sun isn't even overhead, it's behind it, roughly 15-25 degree angle off from being overhead.

Appreciated, now I know my ordering another 10 last-night was a good idea :)

Saw it hit as high as 71 watts earlier.. but it's hot outside and I don't want to be out there.

Why is it that lots of people received these, but No One has done a simple test to see if they work? People posted that they received them, but did not take the time to open them. Instead they had time to post on this forum. Very strange.

Say what ? I’m only aware of one person who received their 100W panels when this post was made. That’s not “lots of people” in my book.

And I’m always happy to help out here on the forum when I can but this seems like a very entitled opinion accusing forum members of doing something very strange ? And chiding them for not reporting fast enough??

I will post when I get mine but there won’t be any lab quality testing. Even if I did state I had THE ANSWER about how they perform just remember at the end of the day you got one opinion from some guy on the internet (myself included).

That’s a study with an N=1 from a less than controlled study.

At some point you need to determine if it’s worth the risk FOR YOUR SITUATION and make your own decision. And assume responsibility for doing so.

Last edited:
I have my two new AcoPower 200W panels installed. I doubled my nominal panel wattage, and see a good boost in current (10.5A) from the panel array. I'm only drawing 300 watts AC from my inverter and my batteries are fully charged, so, right now, there's not high demand for power from the panels.

Received word from Amazon today both orders- (4 each) were shipped today. ETA - between August 16th-22nd. Shipped from California to SE PA.

I just receive my tracking today for the orders I place on the 5th and on the 6th, they are supposed to be here in No. Cal on the 13th, not sure why taking that long to ship from So. Cal to No. Cal.

I have clouds and rain today(almost everyday) in northern AZ but I tested and VOC is 23.5v and was able to get almost 40w with clouds. TBC...

My two also shipped today but they have 2 week outer receive date. Long way by mule train from Cali to
Odd, I'm in SW Missouri so maybe my tracking number is bad? I put the tracking # in the FEDEX website and it showed around 5 days or more earlier than the Amazon status. We will see.

Back