Not for certain, but we think it's these panels:

Acopower 100W

Which have these specs:
Specification
Maximum Power at STC (Pmax): 100WOpen-Circuit Voltage (Voc): 22V
Maximum Operating Voltage (Vmp): 17.48VShort-Circuit Current (Isc): 6.14A
Maximum Operating Current (Imp): 5.71AOperating Temperature: -40ºC to 85ºC
Dimension: 1130x510x35mm / 44.5x20.1x1.4 inWeight: 5.8 kg / 12.8 lbs
Thanks! These might be just the ticket for solar water pumping project I'm thinking about doing. I'm looking at a Grundfos SQFlex knock off pump on Alibaba but I can't get any firm numbers on the voltage and wattage input from "kelly".

I ordered 2 mine say between the 16th and 22 for shipping. I am going to use these on my yeti 1250 with the 280ah battery i just put in it. I will let you guys know if they get here in one piece and what I think of them.

dan

These panels are showing a 10amp maximum series fuse rating. I'm thinking of running some of them in parallel strings 3+ so need fuses on the strings. Per @Will Prowse Overcurrent Protection guide it says to get a fuse under maximum series fuse rating.

They have an ISC of 5.79amps, which gives us 9.0324amps + for the OCD. Do we think an 10amp fuse would be ok on each parallel string, even though they have 10amp maximum listed as the series fuse rating and the guide recommends less than that? I'm guessing they just rounded down to 10amps for the series fuse rating and not up and the panels can probably really handle a bit above that.

On this same topic, do you guys have any UL Listed inline MC4 fuses you like, 10amp? Ideally that are available on Amazon?

From the guide:
With 3 or more parallel panels, the current due to a short can become a hazard if the current from other strings back-feed into the shorted panel. Consequently,
an OCPD must be placed on each parallel panel or parallel string of series panels. The OCP devices must be rated for 156% or more of the Isc of the panels.
(Many panels have a ‘series fuse rating’. This is the *most* current the panel can handle without damage and therefore the OCPD current rating must be less
than this value. This value is usually quite high compared to Isc and therefor is not usually a factor.) The minimum Voltage rating of the OCPD must be the
Voc x Temp-factor of the of the combined voltage of the number of panels in series. (See page 3 for description of the Temp-factor )

Attachments

• HY100-12MB_NEW.pdf
    439.3 KB · Views: 2
Received two panels today. Acopower packaging. Haven't checked to see condition. Hope they aren't cracked.
Please do the report and post some pictures when you have time.
Damaged panels are my big concern, I hope mine will be OK since I am in N.Cali and I believe they are being shipped from S.Cali.

Received 2 panels today in acopower packaging. I purchased the same panels on Amazon from acopower directly.

Received 2 panels today in acopower packaging. I purchased the same panels on Amazon from acopower directly.
Can I see the pictures of the packaging? Thanks!
Were they shipped from California to your state?

On this same topic, do you guys have any UL Listed inline MC4 fuses you like, 10amp? Ideally that are available on Amazon?
Why not just use a combiner box and have a much more flexible setup that is easier to troubleshoot in the future? Just my 2 cents but I think those MC4 fuses are a recipe for future problems that will be hard to troubleshoot since there are buried under your panels and difficult to get to.

I've seen several posts here of the Amazon MC4 fuse holders melting down. No thanks. If you do go that route stick with Staubli. Buy once, cry once.

Why not just use a combiner box and have a much more flexible setup that is easier to troubleshoot in the future? Just my 2 cents but I think those MC4 fuses are a recipe for future problems that will be hard to troubleshoot since there are buried under your panels and difficult to get to.

I've seen several posts here of the Amazon MC4 fuse holders melting down. No thanks. If you do go that route stick with Staubli. Buy once, cry once.

These panels will be at ground level, and moved around and resized frequently. I want to fuse them when running them in 3+ parallel, but they will be moved to different locations regularly and or on vehicles, etc..

Those Staubli fuse holders do look pretty nice.

Shipped from a city nearby. I'm in socal. View attachment 105647
Thanks! I am in Bay area so the boxes are not going to see much handling, damaged panels in shipping are what I'm worried about the most.
I wonder why the seller on Amazon did not show ACOPower as the brand of the panel.
I cannot wait to get mine, and may order more before the discount runs out.

Hi, just joined today and this was the first post I read. I promptly ordered 4 100W panels with the discount since the 200W are sold out. Looking forward to adding them to my system. To the the member who shared this information, thank you very much!!

Thanks! I am in Bay area so the boxes are not going to see much handling, damaged panels in shipping are what I'm worried about the most.
I wonder why the seller on Amazon did not show ACOPower as the brand of the panel.
Opened both boxes...panels look good.
Much appreciated, I'll sleep better tonight as I have 10 on the way. Let us know when you get a chance if the outputs are to spec.

Hi, just joined today and this was the first post I read. I promptly ordered 4 100W panels with the discount since the 200W are sold out. Looking forward to adding them to my system. To the the member who shared this information, thank you very much!!
Take a look at what I found today, I just posted it a while-ago and I'm try not to get too excited. However, it's been the best week for deals I've ever seen - inflation or not ;)

Theory 1: is that these panels were previously sold-by and returned-to Acopower and a 3rd party is offloading them.
Theory 2: The new tariffs on Chinese-made panels are resulting in shenanigans, lots of 'generic' panels are hitting the market and I think they all have one thing in common - source of manufacture. I think the idea is to obscure that and that is why the descriptions are off and the labels are missing.

diy solar

diy solar
Back