diy solar

diy solar

add victron multiplus to renogy system?

A few posts up I posted a diagram. From what you typed and the diagram. They are not the same the way I'm reading it? Why is the generator last? And not also ran to the auto trasmnsfer switch?

I added periods to get things to line up more intuitively.

.Shore Power -> |\
..................................| -> Transfer Switch -> Multiplus -> RV Main Distribution Panel
......Generator -> |/

His diagram shows both shore and generator as inputs into the transfer switch

I added periods to get things to line up more intuitively.

.Shore Power -> |\
..................................| -> Transfer Switch -> Multiplus -> RV Main Distribution Panel
......Generator -> |/

His diagram shows both shore and generator as inputs into the transfer switch
I'm guessing that's how the factory has it set up on our rvs? I haven't dived into opening anything up.

I guess im.not follow still what your saying. Shore power runs into transfer switch as input, run as output from transfer switch to multiplus, out the multiplus to my rv main panel. Then you have the generator also running to the rv main panel? When I turn my generator on it runs for 30 second. Then I hear a loud clunk and then the rv has power. So I know it runs to the transfer switch

A few posts up I posted a diagram. From what you typed and the diagram. They are not the same the way I'm reading it? Why is the generator last? And not also ran to the auto trasmnsfer switch?
The forum software munged the diagram and reformatted it into making no sense. Here's an image of what my diagram should look like.

1712205676026.png

I'm guessing that's how the factory has it set up on our rvs? I haven't dived into opening anything up.

I guess im.not follow still what your saying. Shore power runs into transfer switch as input, run as output from transfer switch to multiplus, out the multiplus to my rv main panel. Then you have the generator also running to the rv main panel? When I turn my generator on it runs for 30 second. Then I hear a loud clunk and then the rv has power. So I know it runs to the transfer switch

No, both the shore power and generator are inputs to the transfer switch. This is typical of most factory installs where the RV has shore power and a generator (or gen prep).

Back