diy solar

diy solar

Advice on a small solar system for our off-grid work area

8track

This setup is for our off-grid Oklahoma property, which has a work area consisting of 3 shipping containers. We will have three sets of lights, each pulling 130w. Each set of lights is in a different container, and the containers are right next to each other. We plan on using the system to power the lights, charge batteries for our tools, and occasionally run a chop saw and small table saw. The batteries will be located in one of the uninsulated shipping containers, but housed in an insulated box during the cold months. We are onsite at least twice a week, and the lights will not be used when we are away. The solar panels will be placed on top of one of the containers, which is completely unshaded.

This is what I am currently thinking. Any advice would be great appreciated. Thank you very much.

Solar Panels: (2) Newpowa 9BB 200w monos (Voc: 21.8v each)
Charge Controller: HQST 40a
Inverter: GIANDEL 2200W w/ terminal block
Batteries: (2) 12v SOK 100ah LiFePO4 (bluetooth and heater)
We will be using fuses, disconnect switches and a shunt.

How many watts and starting surge for the chop saw and table saw and average run time?
Thank you for your quick response. I do not have that info at this time, but all the power tools that we have at the property have been powered by our Bluetti AC200P without issue. I hope that helps. Thanks again.

Thank you for your quick response. I do not have that info at this time, but all the power tools that we have at the property have been powered by our Bluetti AC200P without issue. I hope that helps. Thanks again.
Ok, that has a 4800 watt surge and the Giandel has 4400 watt.

If they don't lug down and start fine then you are probably OK.

Table saw average 1800 watts and same for a chop saw.

You got aprox. 2400 watt hours in those batts which is not a lot of run time at 1800 watt hhours for those tools. Just an hour and a few minutes steady.

You might want to bump up your system to 600-800 watts and 400Ah in battery capacity if you will be using those big saws for long periods.

Table saw average 1800 watts and same for a chop saw.

You got aprox. 2400 watt hours in those batts which is not a lot of run time at 1800 watt hhours for those tools. Just an hour and a few minutes steady.

You might want to bump up your system to 600-800 watts and 400Ah in battery capacity if you will be using those big saws for long periods.
That's a good point. Thank you.

Back