diy solar

diy solar

Need COMMERCIAL OFF-GRID BUILDER for LARGE project

Show us something similar you have built in a day.

With this type of job theoretical possibility doesn’t match practical outcome.
No need to show you anything. I don't want the contract. It is a simple project as specified by OP. It is obvious the generator will be running more than not due to system demands. It is, oilfield project, no? I think they might be able to find some diesel fuel somewhere. What about the specs seems complicated to you?

The logistics alone would seem to indicate a need for a good PM. Building out 50 10' containers is not a 1 man job. I used to work for MobileMini when they actually customized containers, it is decidedly non-trivial to the point they got out of that side of the business.

Off the shelve, deye/sol-ark/sunsynk based

Funny how a Mega Profit OIL Company is coming to DIY Forums to cheap out on stuff, only to blame Renewable Energy for their issues.
GOTO TESLA or another Large Commercial Company that can do it, back it & support it... and PUT THAT BUSINESS INTO DOMESTIC HANDS !

Folks, this is an American Oil Company and they will have issues using Chinese Components, especially within the USA...
Anyone quoting on this should ensure US Components Only and absolutely charge a 300% Premium to get your share of the Record Profits like they haven't ever seen before they are making.

My company has tasked my team to design, build, install, service and support approx 50 (fifty) OFF-GRID systems.

Sounds like fun. Well fun for most of it. The service and support could be anything but fun once you get into operation manuals, training for those that need to maintain and operate the equipment, spare parts and the inevitable supply chain issues.

Hope your company has deep pockets.

Funny how a Mega Profit OIL Company is coming to DIY Forums to cheap out on stuff, only to blame Renewable Energy for their issues.
GOTO TESLA or another Large Commercial Company that can do it, back it & support it... and PUT THAT BUSINESS INTO DOMESTIC HANDS !

Folks, this is an American Oil Company and they will have issues using Chinese Components, especially within the USA...
Anyone quoting on this should ensure US Components Only and absolutely charge a 300% Premium to get your share of the Record Profits like they haven't ever seen before they are making.
This !

Seriously, this seems pretty straight-forward with plug and play components. Is it a time constraint issue or the remote thing? I alone could build two a day without a garage and plenty of beer breaks.

So mid January to mid-march is a rough time for us out here in the oil patches when it comes to equipment .... allot of stuff freezes over or locks-up and the batteries are often pulling heavier and heavier amps trying to either keep something warm or trying to get it cranked ... plus with the addition of everyone running tons of heating elements most of the day my team spends just fixing melted stuff -- so literally have no time to do this project at all .. plus its not like we make more by taking on another project -- so its actually better for us to let someone else do it and get paid for it then us adding it to our plate ...

We actually found a website called https://www.solarpowerworldonline.com/2023-top-solar-contractors/ that has a few hundred contractors listed ... the crew last night sent a ton of them a request for info so we will see from that

Can you equipment handle 48 - 58Vdc range? Usually 48V nominal equipment has internal dc-dc converters that can handle wide range of input voltages but are often limited to +/-10% in firmware. If you can get your gear to work up to 60V then you can forgo having to place intermediate dc converter between 16s LFP battery and your equipment. Easier and more efficient.

Going to say that the voltage will be able to be higher than 48 .... all I know is what they put in the specs ... normally when ppl say 48.0, I think 51.2

Some 48V IT network equipment like my IP DVR does not like voltages outside 46 - 50V range because of supply voltage limits programmed in firmware. I have to use 12V > 48V step up converter for that one.

If you haven’t already purchased those generators, do yourself a favour and get a better brand. If you have already purchased them get a better brand anyway - these will be lucky to last 1000 hours.

Hyundai generators have no affiliation at all with Hyundai motor vehicles. Just a cheap nasty crap pile with a Hyundai sticker.

Good luck with the rest of your project, if you were in Australia I’d suggest red-earth for your needs - they build just what you are looking for if you can freight them from here.

Yeah the generators are being given to us from another section so i was not in that loop ... we figured they were going to be crappy when they all came with a 5 year extended ON SITE warranty -- whoever sold us THAT is going to be in for a massive awakening ....

Off the shelve, deye/sol-ark/sunsynk based

The other team actually did reach out to Sunsynk i see from the notes left us but the issue turned out that shipping, export VAT, customs, port to site transportation, all added up to be more than the container itself almost ....

The other team actually did reach out to Sunsynk i see from the notes left us but the issue turned out that shipping, export VAT, customs, port to site transportation, all added up to be more than the container itself almost ....
So contact sol-ark, as this solution should be available to all deye rebadgers, as from deye themselves

wow did i miss something?? The ENTIRE reason we are here is to find a local US company that can do this. My job would be won and done if I just went to ALIBABA and ordered 50 of these things ... My boss don't care -- plus going Chinese they would fly an engineer in to test each of these containers prior to us signing for it ... not our first rodeo ... And in fact -- going the China route -- everything -- to include all the taxes and shipping costs, equipment, cost of me sending a person there for 2 weeks to get all the specs ironed out, will come in at about 50% of what we will wind up paying a local US company to do it ...

And lets not kid ourselves -- even the local US people will get a large majority of their stuff from China.

And don't blame me that the oil companies are making record profits -- thats all congresses doing ... This project will probably be worth about 2.8 MIL to some local US company .... again -- I can get EVERYTHING WON AND DONE for about 1.27 off of Alibaba ...

The logistics alone would seem to indicate a need for a good PM. Building out 50 10' containers is not a 1 man job. I used to work for MobileMini when they actually customized containers, it is decidedly non-trivial to the point they got out of that side of the business.
These are Not our last containers BUT this is damn close to what the previous 35 looked like inside ... So have to agree with you that probably a little more than a one man job -- the team that made the last 35 was a 3 man team and took 84 days ...

Again -- these 2 pictures' are NOT our stuff ... but it looks extremely close to it ... this is the level we are dealing with ....

catalog_picture_21.png

IMG_6805-768x1024.jpg

I have no problems with Chinese products at all, it's NOT a knock against. And yes, it could be a hell of a lot cheaper when all said & done.

I think your best bet is to arrange a purchase of 1000 x 5 kWh rack batteries direct from China and have Texas based crew install them on site. That's a $0.8 - $1MM order so they could even flyout their engineer to integrate everything.

Back