diy solar

diy solar

Need COMMERCIAL OFF-GRID BUILDER for LARGE project

So here is one of my pet-peeves .... you go to all of these solar contractors, solar installers, solar engineer, and electrical installer sites and they all want you to fill out some form and send it in ... out of 150 of the companies that was listed in the website we found - only 97 of them actually had a contact website ... and those are the ones we sent our proposals to ... have no idea why these companies don't list their email addresses ...

and of the 97 that we sent an email to -- 11 of them bounced back saying that the email was invalid ...

if you are going to have a website then keep the damn thing updated ....

aaaggghhh

anyway ... Tuesday we will start looking at the responses and narrowing it down ... I have until next Friday to make a decision ... once we make a decision i will let you now who we went with just for giggles ...

I appreciate all the help though so far .... thanks

These are Not our last containers BUT this is damn close to what the previous 35 looked like inside ... So have to agree with you that probably a little more than a one man job -- the team that made the last 35 was a 3 man team and took 84 days ...

Again -- these 2 pictures' are NOT our stuff ... but it looks extremely close to it ... this is the level we are dealing with ....

View attachment 188968

View attachment 188970
Surely whoever put that generator in with the electronics is taking the piss. ?

Have you bumped into Off Grid Enterprises? Pretty impressive group of folks that many have not heard of because they are so busy doing great work. The were working on a large order of similar sized container based systems the last time I talked to them.

Have you bumped into Off Grid Enterprises? Pretty impressive group of folks that many have not heard of because they are so busy doing great work. The were working on a large order of similar sized container based systems the last time I talked to them.

Excellent ... i dropped them an email and will call them in the morning ...

You didn't specify the time frame for the project.

Where will these be installed? West Texas?

This project would normally be broken down into tasks, such as:

1. Design
2. Build
3. Test
4. Install/commission
5. Service

You want an engineering firm/group to do the design/installation drawings and select components and draw them into the plans. You will also want the engineer/s doing the design available to overlook the build/testing and initial installations.
The customer approves the design and selections.
A company is chosen to build out the containers after they have been cleaned, painted, insulated, etc (more contractors, sub contractors).
Someone will need to figure out when and were they will be installed. A crew will need to do the installation following the plans/drawings/documents created during the design process.
A plan will also need to be created in order to service and support.

You will want whoever does the design, to be available throughout the project.

Those Conex containers with the batteries and controls are portable control rooms.
I know of a number of companies that are very good at doing control panels/rooms much more complex than what you show in the pictures.
The guys that do that everyday become very proficient. They are also very good at reporting errors when it comes to the design which is very important.

I'm an engineer, ME/EE, who has run a number of large projects and I have had my own company for 21 years. I could help you out with part of this project, but time frame is everything. I'm usually booked 3-4 months in advance. I am in the Midwest (Indiana) and I try to stay within a state or two of Indiana, but I have done work in Texas twice in the past two years. I usually travel every week.

I have connections to shops throughout the Midwest that can do everything you need. These are not "garage shop" guys. The one fabricator I work with has well over 40,000 sq ft of shop space. They could do all of the Conex container prep, welding in doors, openings, etc. They have a large CNC laser cutter in house and are masters of the craft. A panel shop I work with could easily fit, install, and wire 5 Conex containers at a time inside their shop.

Onsite installation is a different story, but I bet your company knows of a local company who could install these or would your crews do that? That should be relatively easy after everything is tested and proven, and documented.

If you are serious Nothern Reliability in VT is a spin off of Northern Power Systems that were supplying off gird power systems for decades. They blit the remote power systems to supply line stations along a big oil pipeline in Georgia (the country) about 15 years ago. They were doing remote systems for the US border patrol, The recently got boght out by Kore Power

You didn't specify the time frame for the project.

Where will these be installed? West Texas?

This project would normally be broken down into tasks, such as:

1. Design
2. Build
3. Test
4. Install/commission
5. Service

You want an engineering firm/group to do the design/installation drawings and select components and draw them into the plans. You will also want the engineer/s doing the design available to overlook the build/testing and initial installations.
The customer approves the design and selections.
A company is chosen to build out the containers after they have been cleaned, painted, insulated, etc (more contractors, sub contractors).
Someone will need to figure out when and were they will be installed. A crew will need to do the installation following the plans/drawings/documents created during the design process.
A plan will also need to be created in order to service and support.

You will want whoever does the design, to be available throughout the project.

Those Conex containers with the batteries and controls are portable control rooms.
I know of a number of companies that are very good at doing control panels/rooms much more complex than what you show in the pictures.
The guys that do that everyday become very proficient. They are also very good at reporting errors when it comes to the design which is very important.

I'm an engineer, ME/EE, who has run a number of large projects and I have had my own company for 21 years. I could help you out with part of this project, but time frame is everything. I'm usually booked 3-4 months in advance. I am in the Midwest (Indiana) and I try to stay within a state or two of Indiana, but I have done work in Texas twice in the past two years. I usually travel every week.

I have connections to shops throughout the Midwest that can do everything you need. These are not "garage shop" guys. The one fabricator I work with has well over 40,000 sq ft of shop space. They could do all of the Conex container prep, welding in doors, openings, etc. They have a large CNC laser cutter in house and are masters of the craft. A panel shop I work with could easily fit, install, and wire 5 Conex containers at a time inside their shop.

Onsite installation is a different story, but I bet your company knows of a local company who could install these or would your crews do that? That should be relatively easy after everything is tested and proven, and documented.
You need to get @HighDesertOffgrid working for you - he can do all that in half a day.

If you are serious Nothern Reliability in VT is a spin off of Northern Power Systems that were supplying off gird power systems for decades. They blit the remote power systems to supply line stations along a big oil pipeline in Georgia (the country) about 15 years ago. They were doing remote systems for the US border patrol, The recently got boght out by Kore Power

Thanks ... will reach out to them ... they may simply be tooooo far north and west of us to make this feasible .. but if their pricing is right it all works out ...

so i think they may be out of business .. we called 4X over last 2 weeks and each time went to a VM ... they never answered any of the 4 emails ... nor 4 text messages ...

Their website also doesn't seem to have been updated for a while either ...

Thats too bad though ..would have been a good location for us

we just left them a voicemail ...they did not have a email available .... and i'm too lazy to fill out a 30 field form ... I tell you ... these companies that do NOT list an email address misses out on a tremendous amount of sales ...

Back