diy solar

diy solar

AM Solar's Smart Phase Selector (SPS)

LeRoy Christensen

Laser Dude
Wondering the same thing
I can't get one from AM Solar
I heard all I need to do is rewire a ATS.

Anyone know how to do this?

AM Solar will walk you through it, not hard at all if you have easy access ATS. Make sure all AC (120V) breakers are off and batteries. Safety first!

Yeah I understand that. Problem is AM Solar is more that 6 weeks out on the item.
I have heard I could rewire a ATS to make it work like a SPS
Problem also is am solar doesn’t want to help. Which is understandable.
I have a new 50amp ATS just need a wiring diagram to make it work.

That's fairly simple if you are electrical inclined. Basically external power and generator ties directly to your device and then directs power to your circuit box based on whether external power is available or not. I would not suggest personally attempting this unless you understand AC circuits, (120V) can kill. Also your ATS should have a schematic on lid to assist with the proper connection points.

One other thought if you attempt this installation, draw a stick line drawing (basic schematic) of your wiring. If it doesn't work on paper it's surely not working on your rig. ?

From the way the SPS looks you could easily rewire a ATS the same way the SPS is and add a splicer heat string it and add a fuse. Easy as that. No wonder they don't sell them anymore more. All it is is a ATS with 2 extra things.

Back