diy solar

diy solar

Amazon threatens to fire employees who speak out on climate-change

I am a big proponent of conservation, recycling, and responsible use of our natural resources.

After looking over that article, I would have chosen a different thread title.

Employees bite hand that feeds them

Maybe they can start their own companies, and run them how they like, instead of breaking company policy. No one is making them work there.

I can tell you that if that BS was tried in Australia (and it has been) it'd be slapped down by the courts, and pretty hard too.

So long as you don't identify yourself as an employee or refer to privileged information you should have the right to speak your mind on what ever topic you desire.

Amazon is well within their rights to discipline these employees. When your Twitter name/org begins with the name "Amazon Employees for XYZ". You can't claim free speech or anything. You now are acting as an agent of the company. As Amazon said , these folks are improperly operating outside of the official corporate communications channels. Most large corporations work the same way

What a word salad!

So, if you work for amazon, and identify yourself as an employee of amazon, and criticize the company publicly you can be fired...

And this is news?

If you work for me, and go out publicly insulting my company... you wont work for me. I dont understand the issue.
if I understand the OP, they weren't insulting the company....they were talking about Climate Manipulation

if I understand the OP, they weren't insulting the company....they were talking about Climate Manipulation
They were insulting the company's policy on climate change publicly...
I'd fire them too.

Ehhh I want to be on the side of the protesters here, but unfortunately yeah... they're identifying themselves as Amazon employees and speaking out against Amazon's policies, so Amazon would be well within rights to terminate employment.

It's one thing to go about saying "Everyone should be on Linux!" but it's another thing entirely to say "I'm a Microsoft employee and I say everyone should be on Linux!" One is individual free expression, the other is expression as a representative of the company... in which latter case, if you expect to continue employment at said company, you have to toe the line.

I think the huge island of plastic garbage in all major oceans is a bit more easy to prove it exists. 46% of this ocean garbage are fishing nets. 70% of the garbage comes from Asia, not the US or North America.

I think the huge island of plastic garbage in all major oceans is a bit more easy to prove it exists. 46% of this ocean garbage are fishing nets. 70% of the garbage comes from Asia, not the US or North America.
If you REALLY want to take the trash that is shoring up especially on the west coast, you really have to look at ALL the evidence - Fukushima disaster has been since 2011 and STILL dumping the radioactive debris on the west coast - FACT!

Back