diy solar

diy solar

Any problems connecting two or more inverter systems to the same battery bank?

idoboats

Solar Prepper
My apologies if this is too basic of a question. I’ve searched and found that additional solar charge controllers can be added, but I am having trouble finding references to adding separate inverters to the same battery bank. Most users would increase their inverter capacity by going with a larger inverter or adding inverters with communications, having a master and the others as slaves. Consider my design as “organic” where I am trying to better utilize what I currently have.

I have a 60kw Lifepower4s battery bank that is being charged by four 48v Growatts SPF 3000TL LVMs and 14kw of solar. I have a low frequency 48v Sigineer 2400 hybrid that is powering my well pump and has its own battery bank. It currently doesn’t have solar and charges it’s batteries from the grid. I would like to disconnect the Sigineer from its batteries and connect it to the 60kw battery bank as that system is capable of producing more power. Power from the Sigineer goes to its own isolated panel and power from the Growatts go to a sub panel of my house. I am thinking I would rather connect the Sigineer to the larger battery bank than connect the well pump to the Growatts. The Growatts communicate with Lifepower4s on Li setting. Would connecting a second inverter system to the battery bank that is serviced by the 4 Growatts create any problems? Would I still have accurate SOC readings?

Would connecting a second inverter system to the battery bank that is serviced by the 4 Growatts create any problems?
An inverter is just another load as far as the batteries know/care. You have to abide by the max amp draw which is probably limited by your BMS.

Thinking differently... why not charge your well's battery bank with a DC to DC charger from your Lifepoert4s battery? Assuming you want to eliminate the grid charging and Sigineer hybrid.

and connect it to the 60kWh battery bank as that system is capable of producing more power.
Batteries store power, not produce power. Do you mean deliver more power? Is your well battery too small or ??
Not sure what the well battery/inverter is you are trying to solve.

As mentioned yes it is fine. The main thing is to make sure you have a good bus layout so the draw is evenly pulled by the batteries and fed to the inverters evenly too.

(sorry for the bad editing) Thanks for the responses and suggestion. I am exploring my options. I am wondering if power for the Sigineer being that it is connected directly to the bus bar and not going through the Growatts would be deducted from what the Growatts reports my SOC as being. I may as well try it and see how it goes.

Back