diy solar

diy solar

Any UK/EU based DIYers considering buying LiFePo4 cells?

stepaul

Hi All.

Just wondered if there are any DIYers in the UK or EU that are considering buying LiFePo4 cells from China?

I'm in the process of arranging a big shipment of cells to the UK and therefore would be able to offer an opportunity to get involved. Depending on the level of interest, I can calculate the delivery costs from London to your location in the UK/EU. I'm also thinking about using a centralised company that will deal with all the storage/fulfillment/delivery side of things should it be easier and more economical.

Let me know if you're interested or have any questions.

Cheers,
Stephen

Hi. I might be interested too, I'm currently on the verge of ordering the 280ah cells from Xuba. What are you thinking of ordering and timescale?

Hi guys. I'm looking to order 100 X 280Ah EVE cells by the end of the week and get them put on a pallet. That will expedite the delivery as it will come straight out of the shipping container and on to the delivery vehicle. Smaller orders are put onto mixed pallets by the shipping agents and then need to be broken down to their individual boxes before being delivered.

What kind of numbers were you both interested in?

Cheers,
Steve

I’m looking at 12-20 units. What kind of price are we looking at with shipping etc?
Best
Kev

Hi Kev,

I'd say somewhere between £90-95 per cell depending on the £ to $ exchange rate and the number you opt for. That will include VAT and Import Duty which is payable to HMRC on all goods brought into the UK from countries outside the EU. The price should also cover delivery to your address.

Cheers,
Steve

That sounds good. Have you researched a bms to go with the 280ah cells?

That sounds good. Have you researched a bms to go with the 280ah cells?
It depends on your requirements. The SBMS0 from Electrodacus is a good choice as it can double as a solar charge controller with the additional 20amp modules.

The next choice would be Daly BMS or AntBMS which are more of a plug and play option. Then if you wanted to save some money and build your own, the diyBMS is a possibility.

I liked the electrodacus but it it out of stock until august :(

Hi guys. I'm looking to order 100 X 280Ah EVE cells by the end of the week and get them put on a pallet. That will expedite the delivery as it will come straight out of the shipping container and on to the delivery vehicle. Smaller orders are put onto mixed pallets by the shipping agents and then need to be broken down to their individual boxes before being delivered.

What kind of numbers were you both interested in?

Cheers,
Steve
Hi Steve,

I'd definitely be interested in some cells...but probably only 4 (is there a minimum number you'd require us to have?)

I'm just about to build my first DIY battery bank for my electric camper (Nissan eNV200) so quite excited about it all.

Not sure on which BMS to get yet, but I've heard a lot of good things about the Electrodacus.

All the best,

Pete (in Cornwall)

I liked the electrodacus but it it out of stock until august :(
That will be the new version hopefully, so worth the wait in my opinion. The requirement for low temp charging protection will depend a lot on where you keep the cells and how they will be charged. I'll be storing my cells indoors and the temperature therefore won't ever fall to anywhere near zero degrees. Also, most decent solar charge controllers have their own low temp sensor built in, so you can use that to set the charge protection temperature.

Hi Steve,

I'd definitely be interested in some cells...but probably only 4 (is there a minimum number you'd require us to have?)

I'm just about to build my first DIY battery bank for my electric camper (Nissan eNV200) so quite excited about it all.

Not sure on which BMS to get yet, but I've heard a lot of good things about the Electrodacus.

All the best,

Pete (in Cornwall)
Hi Pete,

There's no lower limit on the number of cells you can purchase, but there will be less delivery costs to pay once I forward them on to you the more cells you purchase.

I think I'm going to wait for the Electrodacus BMS and use the extra solar charge controller facility it has.

Hi Pete,

There's no lower limit on the number of cells you can purchase, but there will be less delivery costs to pay once I forward them on to you the more cells you purchase.

I think I'm going to wait for the Electrodacus BMS and use the extra solar charge controller facility it has.
Hi Steve,

Thanks for that, I'm definitely interested. Do you know when you'll be ordering, or when you'd expect to receive them?

I think I'm with you on the waiting for the Electrodacus...hopefully it will be worth the wait!

All the best

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that, I'm definitely interested. Do you know when you'll be ordering, or when you'd expect to receive them?

I think I'm with you on the waiting for the Electrodacus...hopefully it will be worth the wait!

All the best
Hi Pete, I'm hoping to order this coming week. That should mean they will arrive before the end of August.

Hey Steve,

I'm interested in buying 4 of these cells, let me know when you have more final information :)

- Bob

Hi Steve

I was about to order 8 of these cells. Can I get in on this?

Matt

Back