diy solar

diy solar

Anybody tried new JK BMS with inverter communication support?

Ah, I checked the product page and it now won't let me re-add the version with the LCD. It says it cannot be shipped to my address. Going to have to purchase it a different way.

I'm guessing there is issues Andy found and is waiting for firmware fixes before releasing the video.

His issues were/are communication with the PC software and improper implementation of settings for a closed loop system. Both of those issues wouldn't necessarily affect me so would have liked to see some of the other changes.

I don't need to communication as well. Everything is set in my charge controllers and only need the BMS to balance and act as a saftey device, like the other two BMSses that are running in the current system. I'll go ahead to build it in my EEL box and connect it to the system.

Fitting the JK-BMS in the EEL-box will be an interesting project.
The screen is huge so some cutting is required.
Also the communication board is pretty wide so I need to think about the place where to install it and cut holes. I think that will be on top of the box.
As for the BMS, I need to make something to mount it on. Not in a hurry (since I have two batteries running) so will take my time to make it nice.

Attachments

• jk1.jpg
    jk1.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 59
  • jk2.jpg
    jk2.jpg
    669.1 KB · Views: 58
  • jk3.jpg
    jk3.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 57
The Kool-Aid has officially been 'drank'. I just picked up two units for my camper van and will run in 8s. I'll keep one as a spare. Alibaba communications were instant.

It does look like they were able to tidy things up with the new firmware. I'd still wait and see how the communications between two or more BMSs go.

Andy from Andy's Garage now has 2 videos, more coming. His 2nd one shows the new functions working "as intended & expected" including the Dry Contacts and the Inverter/solar contol capabilties. He intends to do a video showing the BMS in a Parallel bank setup and a PC Software review too I think he said.

I myself have 6 200A models ordered along with cases & cells...

It does look like they were able to tidy things up with the new firmware. I'd still wait and see how the communications between two or more BMSs go.
I got them from the Alibaba store and it was 120 per unit plus 6 or 8 for the USB adapter. Plus shipping. I think it ended up being 288 all in for two units and a USB adapter.

I'm pretty exited to give this a try plus going with 24v will save me on some cable costs and should run a bit better. Question is do I run two batteries with two bms or do a 8sp2 setup with one bms. I'll just have a single multiplus ii 3k so I'll never get close to 200 amps just got it for the extra overhead.

What cases are you getting?
It's all coming from Luyuan of course ;-)
Amy has 8S & 16S boxes with lots of little extras...
Although, the cases I have on order are a little different because they are being customized for me.
Here is the General Link to their cases. @JJJJ is putting his together & documenting it here as well.

Andy from Andy's Garage now has 2 videos, more coming. His 2nd one shows the new functions working "as intended & expected" including the Dry Contacts and the Inverter/solar contol capabilties. He intends to do a video showing the BMS in a Parallel bank setup and a PC Software review too I think he said.

I myself have 6 200A models ordered along with cases & cells...
Perhaps it is only WORKING "as intended & expected" for Andy Victron system or Victron BMS protocol. BEWARE!!!

I have the same JK Inverter BMS with firmware 14.13........and all "charge float mode etc" doesn't seem to work with my Growatt SPF 6000 ES Plus.
I believe JK only pay special attention to the Victron protocol used by Andy.

I am using RS485 Growatt BMS protocol (Tested with Growatt CAN BMS protocol too, no luck).
Whenever one of my cell hit SOC-100% Volt (V) value which I set at 3.5V [With Cell OVPR 3.6V, Vol Cell RFV 3.35V and Vol. Cell RCV 3.45V], my SPF 6000 basically stop charging the battery. It doesn't even go into absorption and float mode.
In Andy video, even though he hit SOC-100% Volt (V), his system still continue to charge unlike mine.
Toggling the "Charging Float Mode" on and off doesn't do anything.
I even tested with short RCV Time and RFV Time of 6 minutes similar to Andy for verification.

Anyone can confirm the issue?:(

diy solar

diy solar
Back