diy solar

diy solar

Anybody tried new JK BMS with inverter communication support?

wepower

JK introduced completely new BMS model.
You can find it in the Hankzor store here .
Active balancing is still there. Support added for main inverter vendors (Growatt, Deye, Victron etc.).
It is an interesting product but I am afraid it might have serious bugs in it's first generation.

How much is this box?
Is JK bms communication ports layout compatible with EEL box front panel?
The box without BMS was 459 dollar (shipped from EU warehouse).
Delivery took about a week, so that's pretty fast.

Communion board is different from the seplos (has rs232 port
added), so ill need to make some changes that to make it fit.

Also i think the JK display is a bit too large so some changes might be necessary there as well.

Can't say anything about the box yet. It now is on its way to the Dutch Caribbean. Very curious how it looks in real.
I think it has a bit more space on the top than the Seplos, allowing me to fit communication board properly.

How much is this box?
Is JK bms communication ports layout compatible with EEL box front panel?
Now playing around a bit with 3d printing software. At the moment de BMS arrives, I can take very exact measurements of the comm board. Than I can have a small plate 3d printed in a 3d print shop. Will cut a larger hole in the EEL box and screw the new 3d printed plate on it. Should look pretty good i guess

Attachments

• 1695331197896.png
    1695331197896.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
I have a feeling that this is going to be a re-branded or semi-customized PaceBMS.
I've noticed that the majority of these BMSs either follow the Seplos design or the Pace design.

Like, JBD and Daly sell similar BMSs, and when you look at the PCB, features, and design, it looks to be a customized PaceBMS.

The box without BMS was 459 dollar (shipped from EU warehouse).
Delivery took about a week, so that's pretty fast.

Communion board is different from the seplos (has rs232 port
added), so ill need to make some changes that to make it fit.

Also i think the JK display is a bit too large so some changes might be necessary there as well.

Can't say anything about the box yet. It now is on its way to the Dutch Caribbean. Very curious how it looks in real.
I think it has a bit more space on the top than the Seplos, allowing me to fit communication board properly.
Dutch Caribbean? You made me cry...
For JK I think it would be a smart move if they made layout compatible with Seplos layout. It could help new product adoption.
Now there is a new BMS board but there is no compatible boxes available.
Please share your experience how all this works.

I have a feeling that this is going to be a re-branded or semi-customized PaceBMS.
I've noticed that the majority of these BMSs either follow the Seplos design or the Pace design.

Like, JBD and Daly sell similar BMSs, and when you look at the PCB, features, and design, it looks to be a customized PaceBMS.
I am ordering now Seplos and Pace based batteries, and also will order new JK BMS to compare all of them side by side.

Looks like the PACE with 1-2A balancer. But at this point, could be good to! The only thing I'm missing on the PACE, is the active balance !

Where did you order the EEL box from I am looking to box all my 280 AH batteries in boxes.
From EEL, via their site.
Actually the ordering was pretty straightforward and the delivery fast. Contacted them via the contact form, received some mails and payment request via PayPal.

You might want to consider the GlobelPower box as well. That's a very nice box as well, but not available when I ordered.

They have the prices in the Hankzor store link in the first post of this thread. The Canadian price was C$320.

If this works out it will be a major advance for DIY solar!
Would you mind explaining the advantage of this bms vs the previous model?
For instance, the previous model has canbus and can communicate with many inverters, generically, that way. What will this new offering... Offer? I'm a complete noob trying to absorb info.

Would you mind explaining the advantage of this bms vs the previous model?
For instance, the previous model has canbus and can communicate with many inverters, generically, that way. What will this new offering... Offer? I'm a complete noob trying to absorb info.
New JK is suitable for proper battery cases, it has communication ports board that you can attach to the front panel of the battery case.
And it should be able to communicate to inverters directly, without using any third party solutions.
Previous version can't talk to inverters even though it has CAN port. You can make it work with additional hardware and software. Look here.

Where did you order the EEL box from I am looking to box all my 280 AH batteries in boxes.
Another (quite cheaper) idea could be Luyuan's.
I've ordered one, but haven't received it yet, so I can't comment on the quality .
It's customised for cells and BMS

Back