diy solar

diy solar

Anyone buying these 305ah envision cells?

Well shoot.. still $89 a cell. Was waiting for a few more replies as to how they turned out for those that bought them. Can someone elaborate a bit on the diff between A and B grade? Being new (are they new.. or said new but used previously) I would assume if they are same build as grade A, then what caused them to be B grade?

Well shoot.. still $89 a cell. Was waiting for a few more replies as to how they turned out for those that bought them. Can someone elaborate a bit on the diff between A and B grade? Being new (are they new.. or said new but used previously) I would assume if they are same build as grade A, then what caused them to be B grade?
When I looked last night they showed the grade B as out of stock.
I think the “swelling” is why they are grade B

You can expect some swelling and slightly less capacity than grade A cells. Folks here (including me) have tested these cells at 300Ah or higher though. Swelling wasn’t too bad, varying from 1/16”-1/8”, but that’s just my experience. For the price, I think these are good value cells.

Was told these were 3000 cycle cells instead of 6000 cycles that is grade A. Even at 3000 Cycles they will last a long time

Y'all keep stripping the threads because you're using commie units like Nm. You wouldn't have that problem with a manly measurement like lb-ft.
I used finger pounds and didn't have an issue. Normally I'll torque nuts/bolts until they break then back off 1/4 turn, I gave it 3 less fingerlbs this time and didn't have any issues, so far.

I was told by a seller that EV or A batteries are capable of a faster discharge (and charge?) rate.

B batteries are fine for ESS (storage batteries).

UPDATE :

Wednesday 25 Oct. Have tested 11 of 16 EVE 304Ah cells from 18650. Lowest cell capacity is 311.7 Ah, highest capacity 316.2 Ah. Will keep you posted.
Dang! that's really good. My best one tested less than 310Ah. I imagine most of it is down to difference in testing equipment, mine is definitely not lab quality.

a619

Dang! that's really good. My best one tested less than 310Ah. I imagine most of it is down to difference in testing equipment, mine is definitely not lab quality.

I am using the ZTECH EBC A40L. I have tested about 100 cells over time. Not sure if it needs calibrating. But these are the results.

Attachments

• IMG_0476.jpg
    IMG_0476.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
I am using the ZTECH EBC A40L. I have tested about 100 cells over time. Not sure if it needs calibrating. But these are the results.
Tested my envision grade a- cells with the same tester...
Came in about same, maybe a bit higher.
Currently NKON has the envision b grades, and no idea when the a grades will come in..
Contemplating if I should go for the b grades or wait for the a- .
So far liking what I see from the b grades though..
Exception the terrible laser welts

houseofancients

Contemplating if I should go for the b grades or wait for the a- .
So far liking what I see from the b grades though..
Exception the terrible laser welts

As you may remember (stated earlier), I bought the B cells from 18650, received a tracking number but three days later received a refund due to lack of inventory. The thing that scares me is the laser welds on the B cells. They gave me a good price on the EVE cells, when finished testing, I may ask for same price on another 16 EVE 304 cells. If they had Envision A cells I would be willing to go that route.
BTW, 18650 is showing the B cell Envisions IN STOCK (just checked) $89 dollars

Ha, I have the same tester. Maybe I need some calibration.

As you may remember (stated earlier), I bought the B cells from 18650, received a tracking number but three days later received a refund due to lack of inventory. The thing that scares me is the laser welds on the B cells. They gave me a good price on the EVE cells, when finished testing, I may ask for same price on another 16 EVE 304 cells. If they had Envision A cells I would be willing to go that route.
BTW, 18650 is showing the B cell Envisions IN STOCK (just checked) $89 dollars
18650 is for me irrelevant..
1. They are half way around globe
2 about 30% tax and shipping would be added by the time I have the cells here

NKON is just a 30 minute drive away

diy solar

diy solar
Back