diy solar

diy solar

Anyone buying these 305ah envision cells?

The cells can be a bit fat for these boxes, you cannot use the foam insulation and you have to screw the retaining bracket on gently and in steps.
I had to take a cell out because of a busted terminal and noted that cells had squared out some so the compression definitely does help them.

Will these fit in the seplos 200a BMS upright cases? Or the swelling is too much for clearance?

I was charged immediately for the 16 I ordered yesterday with an estimated delivery of December 21. I think I'm cancelling and going with the Aolithium 5.1 kWh server rack battery.
Yeah doesn't make sense to tie up that cash for so long. Better to order later/closer to delivery date

What's the story on these cells fitting into the EEL case? I've seen a few comments that say yes, and others that say no.

I'm looking at this case EEL V3 with 16S 200A BMS and Bluetooth in white for $610 but not sure why this one EEL USA Stock is almost $100 more. Are the cases different?

Thanks for any help.
Oh that's cool with the stacking and the base unit. Seems like a better way to maximize power per sq ft of floor space versus the verticals.

Screenshot_20231114_135353_Chrome.jpg

Seems like a better way to maximize power per sq ft of floor space versus the verticals.
Depends on how high you stack. :)
The cases have same volume, so it just depends on what kind of space you have. I wanted to fill up space underneath my inverter wire-trough, and I can neatly put 5 upright batteries under there side-by-side. Having individual battery on wheel is a huge plus, especially if you need to perform any maintenance. Accessing a bottom battery on a horizontal stack would be painful.

The cases have same volume, so it just depends on what kind of space you have. I wanted to fill up space underneath my inverter wire-trough, and I can neatly put 5 upright batteries under there side-by-side. Having individual battery on wheel is a huge plus, especially if you need to perform any maintenance. Accessing a bottom battery on a horizontal stack would be painful.
Not really, if getting the correct rack
19" SAN racks in general have sliding trays ( or I simply got lucky)

Good point about the access issues. If you go four plus high that's a lot of weight to shift to get to the bottom, and the stacks are deeper/further out from wall.

Each of these 280-305Ah boxes weigh over 250lbs assembled. I didn't want to deal with any battery lift etc, and the space I had worked out for upright cases.

I’m fairly certain that the horizontal cases can be used upright. I was under the impression it was fine in any orientation other than upside down cells

I’m fairly certain that the horizontal cases can be used upright. I was under the impression it was fine in any orientation other than upside down cells
would be nice if you have an option to add removable wheels on the back in that case.

I’m not vouching for the accuracy of this, but others have posted this before:

IMG_2190.jpeg
IMG_2189.gif

Presume you now had a chance to battle test these for a bit, would you recommend taking these cells vs EVE 280s please? I am also in UK [Hertfordshire] and looking at frogstar. These would be my first battery and DIY kit. I am very financially constrained as live in rental house, which has got terrible energy efficiency thus need to get solar to minimise fuel poverty and really hope to get this right first time. Your experience and advice would be really appreciated.
I haven't had any problems with mine, although you can tell they are grade B cells by the voltage drop at 50A, unlike grade A which don't drop as much, but that only happens when I'm being stupid and powering the cooker while on the inverter. But that's not a problem, it's expected with any home system.

For day to day usage, I've been using it to get my average electricity price to about 16p/kWh on Octopus, especially a couple of weeks ago where it was stupid cheap in the morning and normal price the rest of the day.

The one thing I didn't like is the terminal bolts. I'm so scared of torquing them too much, so I just snugged them up enough so that contact resistance isn't a problem. But you'd get that on Grade B EVE cells too.

So yea, I like these cells, certainly perfect for home energy storage usage, and for £20 less per cell compared to the EVE B cells, if money is tight, they're certainly worth it.

I appreciate all the input from everyone. Most likely going with 2 EELs from China since the cells won't be here until end of December anyway.

Thank you

I have not got around to it yet.
I went ahead and fixed mine the other day and it went great! I used a regular 5mm drill bit and went down 6mm deep (including the point of the drill bit). After drilling all 3 holes, I ground the bit flat and then went down 6mm deep so the bottom of the hole was flat. After that, I used a 6mm tap to thread it to the bottom of the hole. After doing all 3, I ground the tap flat and then went to the bottom again for all 3. I then cut the head off of 3 6mm bolts and put a little red thread locker in the hole and then threaded the bolt down tight. No issues at all. Hope this will give others confidence to do the same as needed.

Welp, they are back. During my “weekly” internet price sleuthing I saw them this morning.
Presale, slated for inventory December 21.
New price, $75/ea

?

finally they're as cheap as aliexpress. Almost worth it though you can get "Grade A" from ali at that price.. whether or not they're grade A who knows
someone talked about these having gas issues already so not that tempting. Definitely weren't that great months ago at the higher price

Back