diy solar

diy solar

Anyone familiar with these SCCs?

I don't believe for a second that a 1 lb piece of hardware is a full-on 60A MPPT controller. I suspect it's actually a PWM.

Reactions: Dzl
that seems like a pwm to me also tbh
Not worth getting I don't think
seems like a scam

Construction, the unit is solid cast aluminum. The parameters are user programmable, and most important to me, a multi year track record of being a reliable unit.

EPEVER Mppt Solar Charge Controller 80a 12v/24v/36v/48v Auto Max 200V 6000W Inpot Power fit for Sealed/Gel/Flooded(Tracer 8420AN)
by Spring Mirror
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JJBRGN8/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_976.FbP8ZSR06

Even better?

Track down an owner's manual for that model. The title of the Amazon ad doesn't mention LiFePO4 but in the details Lithium is mentioned. Makes me wonder if it has a native LiFePO4 setting or not. As long as the settings are programmable (that's probably the "user" battery type) you can make it work. But a native LiFePO4 setting would get you started faster.

Track down an owner's manual for that model. The title of the Amazon ad doesn't mention LiFePO4 but in the details Lithium is mentioned. Makes me wonder if it has a native LiFePO4 setting or not. As long as the settings are programmable (that's probably the "user" battery type) you can make it work. But a native LiFePO4 setting would get you started faster.
I noticed that, as well. Wasn’t too concerned because it’s an epever, and because the user setting was there. Not always a good idea to take something like this for granted, but given the brand and this forum’s affinity for it, I was comfortable without questioning it too much.

Trust, but verify.

I haven't used EPever, so I can't say one way or another if they're any good other than what I've seen in Will's video. I would take that over Renogy any day. My Victron solar charge controllers have been bulletproof.

Back