diy solar

diy solar

Anyone setting up solar in Mexico? Specifically Merida, Yucatan?

ConfidentRetiree

I just moved to Merida, Mexico this year. After surviving my first minor hurricane, I would like to build a solar generator for back up power. I will eventually want to build a whole house system when I finally buy a house.

The issue I am having is finding the necessary equipment. Solar panels are not an issue down here, but I cannot get many of the highly rated MPP/Inverters or LiFePO4 batteries here. And batteries are just too heavy to ship internationally. Would just be too expensive.

Has anyone found a source for reliable solar equipment in Mexico, ideally near me in the Yucatan peninsula (Merida)? Cancun is close enough for me to consider as well.
Thanks.

I just moved to Merida, Mexico this year. After surviving my first minor hurricane, I would like to build a solar generator for back up power. I will eventually want to build a whole house system when I finally buy a house.

The issue I am having is finding the necessary equipment. Solar panels are not an issue down here, but I cannot get many of the highly rated MPP/Inverters or LiFePO4 batteries here. And batteries are just too heavy to ship internationally. Would just be too expensive.

Has anyone found a source for reliable solar equipment in Mexico, ideally near me in the Yucatan peninsula (Merida)? Cancun is close enough for me to consider as well.
Thanks.
I would also be interested in knowing who you found and what you ended up using. I am also in the Yucatan Peninsula (Quintana Roo) and the options are limited

Hi guys !

I am in the same problem as you....i am in Cancun, got a 9.75 kwh grid tie system for 7 years and plan to add a 12 kwh hybrid system for power outage back and hurricane back up (already got a 10 000 watt LP gas gen back up) and importation is a problem...

do you guys solved it ? maybe we could exchange informations and group orders or something. Panels are good and cheap here but rest is hard ti get....

Vince

I would also be interested in knowing who you found and what you ended up using. I am also in the Yucatan Peninsula (Quintana Roo) and the options are limited
so did you get your solar done I'm completely lost here im in merida and i need help with my solar

Back