diy solar

diy solar

Aolithium 12v 100ah $199 w/Bluetooth on Ebay

Mine came in today, Bluetooth doesn't work on any of the 4. Got the android app from the play store. Nobody home, deleted and got from AOLITHIUM web site. Still doesn't work. Opened box of one and 12.87 volts at the terminals so should work. Next step a RA from Amazon I guess.

Ok, after a tablet reboot and down load the ao app from Google (3rd time) under my wife's account it now works for all 4 batteries. All are reporting 27 to 28% soc and 12.8v
Edit: Charging at 13.3 volts Nd 14 amps and the app agrees? app doesn't have much use beyond that and history. You have to look at each battery to know which you have selected with the app. Once the label is gone it's a guess.

Last edited:
Wow! Wish I had extra money for batteries. Curious to see what the price will be in 6-12 months...

I bought 2 for my boat/home on ebay a little late to the party and one is coming Thursday 10/14 but sadly last night they canceled number 2 citing lack of inventory. !#*%÷+×%#%. I couldn't buy them until last week due to funding watching them and worrying for 2 weeks that I would miss out on this purchase. I am trying to be positive about getting 1 at least but I really need 2 for a parallel 200ah third bank. I spent all weekend rewiring and making cables for the install. I am worrying now about how much it will cost me to finish this with another one.

I bought 2 for my boat/home on ebay a little late to the party and one is coming Thursday 10/14 but sadly last night they canceled number 2 citing lack of inventory. !#*%÷+×%#%. I couldn't buy them until last week due to funding watching them and worrying for 2 weeks that I would miss out on this purchase. I am trying to be positive about getting 1 at least but I really need 2 for a parallel 200ah third bank. I spent all weekend rewiring and making cables for the install. I am worrying now about how much it will cost me to finish this with another one.

Todays low cost 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 on Amazon is here for 169.80

Yea I won't buy any unless I have seen the inside build and best chance of being grade a cells. Way too many bad batteries out there and I only use 2 100ah for my boat. I must be careful and picky.

Please do update up as to what you find.

Will’s tear down of the 100Ah Aolithium was spectacular with good cells. But we’ve all seen how sometimes these brands cheap out with inferior build quality once they get popular due to people like Will Prowse giving them a thumbs up. @Will Prowse any chance of doing a new tear down of these in 2024?

Will’s tear down of the 100Ah Aolithium was spectacular with good cells. But we’ve all seen how sometimes these brands cheap out with inferior build quality once they get popular due to people like Will Prowse giving them a thumbs up. @Will Prowse any chance of doing a new tear down of these in 2024?
Considering how they were manufactured, I highly doubt they changed much but I'm absolutely ready to do another tear down! I like them

He did one a couple months ago and it was completely different with inferior build compared to the first. I bought mine a month after his first video. I think. I haven't opened it to see if it is the same as he reviewed first but if it doesn't clear up the problem today (my other current thread) I will be finding out.

He did one a couple months ago and it was completely different with inferior build compared to the first. I bought mine a month after his first video. I think. I haven't opened it to see if it is the same as he reviewed first but if it doesn't clear up the problem today (my other current thread) I will be finding out.
Which one was that? We must be thinking of a different battery. The aolithium 12V has an awesome build quality. Are you thinking weize?

Seeing more BT and heating capabilities in some of the cheaper Amazon batts, LiTime etc, makes sense value adding to try and keep prices up.

Yea I won't buy any unless I have seen the inside build and best chance of being grade a cells. Way too many bad batteries out there and I only use 2 100ah for my boat. I must be careful and picky.
Yeah it's not worth the risk. lots of garbage. And LiTime has good packs for super cheap. never found any issues in those packs at all

No, the one he did a couple months ago was the Weize battery. He reviewed/tore-down it first a couple of years ago and it was a good build quality AND had low-temp cutoff protection AND had the low price that others like CHINS and LiTime did not have quality+lowtemp+lowprice. Most of the budget batteries at the time didn't have low-temp protection. Then he tore down the Weize battery again a few months ago and it was not the same (inferior now) build quality and he said, "I would not buy this."

AFAIK, he has NOT yet done a new tear-down of the 100Ah Aolithium, which he had given one of his best-ever reviews of a semi-budget (now it's truly in the budget price range) battery.

Updated Weize tear down April 2023:

diy solar

diy solar
Back