diy solar

diy solar

Aptos 400W Bifacial Solar Panels

Kevcando

Has any one used these panels from signature solar before ? Just wondering how they preform, looking for some for my pergola.

Well with 38 views guess I have my answer. Is there any other bi-facials out there that are better ?

If it makes any difference to you Q Cells are manufactured by a South Korean based company which is also working towards actually making 100% of the panel in the USA/North America (and will be only company doing so).

Well with 38 views guess I have my answer. Is there any other bi-facials out there that are better ?
Are there any dimension constraints for your pergola installation?
If so that may greatly reduce your choices.
And if mounting on your pergola, are they going to be laying flat?
If yes, then I have doubts on how probable it would be to find valid opinions since most installs would not be flat mounted.

I guess what I’m saying is If they fit, and the cost fits your budget, go for it.

Just my 2 cents.

Are there any dimension constraints for your pergola installation?
If so that may greatly reduce your choices.
And if mounting on your pergola, are they going to be laying flat?
If yes, then I have doubts on how probable it would be to find valid opinions since most installs would not be flat mounted.

I guess what I’m saying is If they fit, and the cost fits your budget, go for it.

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the input, yes been playing around with the dimensions and layout of the panels not going to lay flat probably around 10 to 15 pitch. I have to worry about weight of the panels as might have to take them down in case of hurricane live in SW Florida.

Thanks for the input, yes been playing around with the dimensions and layout of the panels not going to lay flat probably around 10 to 15 pitch. I have to worry about weight of the panels as might have to take them down in case of hurricane live in SW Florida.
I would not want to have to wrestle large panels like that.
And it could be 2 or 3 times a year some years the way severe weather events are increasing in occurance?

Last edited:
Back