diy solar

diy solar

Battery Bolt Sizes

Phil Orton

I understand this is below even a basic question, however, I just got my brick batteries and they have terminal 'holes' in them that are larger than a US half inch. Went to Home Depot and they did not have metric large enough to verify the size and thread. I'm thinking they are size 14 with a coarse thread. Anyone know what some standard size bolts usually fit these cells and a decent source? Also, what length bolts do you normally use? Thanks much.

Thanks, mine are the M14, 2.0 also. I took a battery to Tractor Supply and tried different bolts. Found that the M14 bolts were the correct size. However that was just the start of the process. Short bolt lengths with big heads and shallow threads on bats were difficult to work with. I finally found, on Amazon, some M14 studs, 30mm long with a hex fitting in the top of it. This way there is no bolt head and the stud can be held in place while a nut is screwed onto the stud. The next challenge was to find battery connectors. I have an 85mm center to center on bolt holes and could not find any pre made units. Had to order copper flat bars from EBay. When all parts arrive maybe I can get into the cell balancing phase.LOL.
Link to the studs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z3FGF4R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back